Kessil A360X or Radion xr15?

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radion every time for me. I ran both for 3 months on my 120 and the half with the Radion had better growth and healthier looking corals. Not to mention the failure rate on Kessil at the 2 year mark is higher than people in the industry will ever talk about.

Kessil shimmer is also super overdone and looked terrible to me. Nothing like a good halide.
I can't say I agree with the failure rate of kessils being high on kessils at the 2 year mark in my experience.
My 5 still in use a360we havent skipped a beat in the last 5 years (will be 6 in may) and they barely get cleaned a few times a year. Plus their warranty if registered is 2 years vs the 1 year on ecotechs lights. Both companies will take good care of you during the warranty, but youre mileage will vary thereafter.
Ultimately though for anyone reading this (since op seems to have decided), you should visually see both in action in person prior to deciding (photos and videos won't cut it imo). Both are great lights from first hand experience (have not owned or felt the need to upgrade a g4 to g5 though) and some of us have different tollerances for shimmer and how well the light is diffused (visible color separation).

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I like AI fixtures. Same LEDs as Radions but have a smaller foot print and hence have more shimmer.

If it were my tank I would get a Prime.

OP
OP
Polyp Punk

Polyp Punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Radions throw more PAR per watt because they are using much more efficient LEDs. They typically use Cree chips which have excellent high power performance.

Kessil dense matrix chips aren't exactly known for performance.

Kessil for the shimmer. The Radion for the par per watt and much less shimmer.
do you think kessel would be enough in a 15 gallon to grow sps ? will the radion be overkill?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 61.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.0%
Back