Kessil A360x Tuna Sun for Chaeto in Refugium

nycjwi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new setup (running about 2 months with fish). I have not turned on the lights in my main tank yet but I am running a Kessil A360x tuna Sun in my refugium to grow Chaeto. Its sitting about 21 inches off the Chaeto which is sitting in bottom of refugium. I have it on for about 8 hours a day. Doesn't seem like the Chaeeto is really growing. It has beached out a bit (I know that is usually from too much intensity.). My Nitrates are around 20 so more then enough nutrients. I do have a bit of other algae growth happening in the area.I didn't want to go with the Tuna blue cause I don't like the red light. Any thoughts on what I could do to improve the growth.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you dose currently? What are your phosphate levels?

Coxey81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new setup (running about 2 months with fish). I have not turned on the lights in my main tank yet but I am running a Kessil A360x tuna Sun in my refugium to grow Chaeto. Its sitting about 21 inches off the Chaeto which is sitting in bottom of refugium. I have it on for about 8 hours a day. Doesn't seem like the Chaeeto is really growing. It has beached out a bit (I know that is usually from too much intensity.). My Nitrates are around 20 so more then enough nutrients. I do have a bit of other algae growth happening in the area.I didn't want to go with the Tuna blue cause I don't like the red light. Any thoughts on what I could do to improve the growth.

I have a chaetomax light on my small fuge (about 10x10x12) in my 20 gallon sump.

It's been growing really well and I had around 20 nitrates too.

The algae and chaeto really like the red light, whether you do or not.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back