Kessil A500X LED Spotlight is the First Metal Halide Killer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kessil A500X is a brand new LED spotlight that packs an astounding amount of power into the company’s trademark Dense Matrix Array LED. This 185 watt aquarium light is a powerhouse of illumination and because of its point source emitter it is the closest approximation to the output of a metal halide that we’ve…
Source

Continue reading...

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear it requires a suborbital mount.

Attachments

• orbital_ion_cannon_by_alexiuss-d4rh0xf.jpg
    orbital_ion_cannon_by_alexiuss-d4rh0xf.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 48

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish this was around when I got my A360X with Narrow reflector. I bet this would push over 300 par on the sand solo as a spotlight.

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting article. Are you going to compare PAR/PUR/Spectrum to halide?

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Kessil A500X is a brand new LED spotlight that packs an astounding amount of power into the company’s trademark Dense Matrix Array LED. This 185 watt aquarium light is a powerhouse of illumination and because of its point source emitter it is the closest approximation to the output of a metal halide that we’ve…
Source
Continue reading...
I know that deep in your heart, Jake, you understand there is absolutely no way to beat metal halides and you agree that practically no LED will ever actually substitute their physical qualities (rich broad spectrum, coverage, shimmer, delivery, etc)! :) No excuse (heat, electricity bill, etc..) can defeat halides when you value the results. Then many say it comes to personal preferences... Oh well...

Since the beginning, when the LED companies started, they were comparing with the best we had: metal halides! They really wanted take the halides' place! Using lenses to show "greater PAR" as it would be the only important quality in reef lighting. 13 years ago (2008) they were comparing and thought they had defeated halides. Today they are still trying to make that impression. I think we should just see the facts as they are: just different technologies. That would be much better!

This is the real deal:

I just though would be good to let the newbies see some videos showing off some great systems lit by halides, once that is what they are trying to mimic.

I hope the Kessil lovers find a good place for this new Kessil.
If they are "happy" with the results it should be better than the old model (?).
They should compare this new Kessil with their old Kessil. That would be a better, more acceptable market strategy IMO.

With metal halides, we try to mimic the sun.
Cheers!

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the Kessil lovers find a good place for this new Kessil.
Cheers!
Cheers indeed! These are going 30 inches (four 500's and six 360's with 35 degree reflectors) above my tank recessed mounted in the ceiling!

The fact these can be mounted like this so easily--makes them better than halides?

Back