Kessil A80 vs A160 Tuna Sun for mangrove? Other mangrove lighting?

nick_md

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if anyone has used either the Kessil A80 vs A160WE Tuna Sun lights for mangroves?

I'm looking to get a light with a broad spectrum for a couple of mangroves in my small 10 gallon sump. If anyone has ideas other than the two I mentioned as well - I'm all ears.

I currently have a Kessil H80 Tuna Flora and a cheap Amazon white plant light above the sump that has been great for my green and red macro algae. However, it hasn't been sufficient decent mangrove growth.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m setting up a shallow lagoon for clams and a mangrove. I’ll start off using one of my 360x’s (tuna blue), but I’ll most likely swap it out for the tuna sun. 6500k would be perfect for mangroves (and clams). I would use the 160 tuna sun in a heartbeat.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if anyone has used either the Kessil A80 vs A160WE Tuna Sun lights for mangroves?

I'm looking to get a light with a broad spectrum for a couple of mangroves in my small 10 gallon sump. If anyone has ideas other than the two I mentioned as well - I'm all ears.

I currently have a Kessil H80 Tuna Flora and a cheap Amazon white plant light above the sump that has been great for my green and red macro algae. However, it hasn't been sufficient decent mangrove growth.
The 160 is " only" 40w for a premium price.
Now you can go with cheap white ked floods with more power or go sort of more " quality"
spectrum with a bit more focus
An example...20e, high cri so a balanced spectrum like something on this line.
Bit warm at 3000k but the plants will love it.

$85...
There are dozens of inexpensive high output plant lights .
80w.....

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not mangroves, but I’m using the Tuna Sun on my FW planted nano and love it. Very powerful light.

OP
OP
nick_md

nick_md

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 160 is " only" 40w for a premium price.
Now you can go with cheap white ked floods with more power or go sort of more " quality"
spectrum with a bit more focus
An example...20e, high cri so a balanced spectrum like something on this line.
Bit warm at 3000k but the plants will love it.

$85...
There are dozens of inexpensive high output plant lights .
80w.....
Great suggestions for some more affordable lights ... thanks

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great suggestions for some more affordable lights ... thanks
I can vouch for Soltech -- I have two of the white pendants that I use to grow a couple of my house plants that are farther back from the windows. I chose the pendant style b/c they look like modern light fixtures vs a grow light.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back