• Other, feel free to let me know below

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

nosduj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil Ap9x or ai hydra 64 he, which one would you choose and how many of each do I need for my Cade 1800 s2? Mainly going to be a mixed reef, will likely be getting into some sps and lps. currently just have a few smaller frags on my rack.

lazlodawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has great spread. You could use 2 on a 70" tank. There will be shadowing once things grow in, but you could add a third later.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You will have lots of shadows with kessil
For a mixed tank that's perfect. OP: Kessil's will look great and you can always add some LED bars in the future or other LED's of your choice. The great thing about contrast (shadows) is that it gives you an opportunity to put lower light animals in those spots, win, win! Don't be afraid of shadows. If you were going full sps, then Kessil's would still work, but you would probably want to add panel style lights or more bars to fill in the shadows more, but again, there are certain acropora and sps that do well in shaded areas. If you've ever snorkeled before, then you know what a real reef looks like, it's a beautiful mess. Cheers!

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Voted for Others, choices being- Illumagic x1(can add vitamini strips later), Coral Care x2 supplemented with ReefBreeder bars.

Thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back