Kessil Hanging kit for Radion G6.

Neurovet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Ap9x hanging from a 14 ft ceiling using the kessil hanging kits. I'm interested in swapping to Radion G6 but would like to stick with the Kessil hanging kits since frankly it was a PITA to install the kessil kits and I think they look good. My understanding is that the hanging kit is a male M4 screw whereas the Radion is a M5 female receptacle. Has anyone done this before? Anyone know of a low profile M4 to M5 adapter that would work? Or a better way? Thank you!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Use the equipment designed for the lights you bought. IMHO. It is much more of a pain - when you wake up with 2 lights in your tank because the mounting failed. It can't cost that much to have someone come and just rehang a light - as compared to the possible problems

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Perhaps using a steel cable kit on a 3030 aluminum rail.. I print the mounts for the radions..
If you post a pic of the current setup, it would be helpful, and I may be able to help you… I specialize in custom light mounting

Matt Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps using a steel cable kit on a 3030 aluminum rail.. I print the mounts for the radions..
If you post a pic of the current setup, it would be helpful, and I may be able to help you… I specialize in custom light mounting
Can you make mounts for a Kessil AP9X to mount to 15 series tubing?

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can you make mounts for a Kessil AP9X to mount to 15 series tubing?
Yes, for sure.. just need the dimensions of the hole spacing, and the screw size, which i believe is a 4mm. I have made the RMS mount for the a360x and the a500x already.. if you want to message me, Ill be able to help you with the mounts..

Matt Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, for sure.. just need the dimensions of the hole spacing, and the screw size, which i believe is a 4mm. I have made the RMS mount for the a360x and the a500x already.. if you want to message me, Ill be able to help you with the mounts..
Awesome the spacing is 3.5 inches and yes the screw size is 4mm , I would need two brackets per fixture and have three fixtures. Let me know how to pay you and I'll get it sent. Thanks

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back