Kessil spectral contoller readings of CLR and INT do not match program

Bradley Keck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

So, I have 3 A360's daisy chained to the spectral controller. I use a quick program for my lighting schedule. On the front of the controller, there is read out of each port and what % the color and intensity is. I have noticed that the readings it says are anywhere from 10-15% below what it should be for that time in the program for both color and intensity. For example, when it is programmed to run 40%INT and 40% CLR it may say 31%INT and 29% CLR on the display. Is this normal? Should it not be exactly what I programed? Is it lower due to lack of power? I have all three and the controller plugged into a GE power strip which is then plugged into a Killowatt power strip. Is that OK? Any ideas? Thanks!

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ I agree with @TheEngineer sounds like your in acclimation mode. Your power strip should be fine.

OP
OP
Bradley Keck

Bradley Keck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance there is an acclimation timer set?
I don't think so. I am not aware of any acclimation timer function on the controller. There are acclimation programs, you can choose to use, but I have mine hooked into port 1 which is set to run my "quick program 3"

OP
OP
Bradley Keck

Bradley Keck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ I agree with @TheEngineer sounds like your in acclimation mode. Your power strip should be fine.
If I look at the display for port 1 it says "quick set 3" and not acclimation mode. Good to know the way I have it all plugged in is OK. Thank You! Is it possible to be in an acclimation mode while running your quick set program? I ran the acclimation mode when I first introduced frags, and it kind of freaked me out because the lights were on for 23 hours. So I stopped using it and went to my own quick programs.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one but for the life of me I don’t remember how that one works. If you call BRS after 9am cst I’m sure they have a dealer manual they can look it up in and help.

OP
OP
Bradley Keck

Bradley Keck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You! I will try to do a little research into the controller programming. I'm just relieved it's not because I'm drawing to much power from outlet on my kilowatt power strip. Thank You! Your right, SPS are addiciting. I swore I would not consider adding an SPS until my tank was at least 6months new. Well, I am at 3 months and have 3 monti caps and ORA neon green birds nest. Now I am wanting a purple polyp birds nest!;Woot

OP
OP
Bradley Keck

Bradley Keck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm not having any luck trying to find an acclimation setting that is turned on when you are using your own quick set program. Currently, I should be at 40% color and 40% intensity and the display on the spectral controller says 33% color and 36% intensity. Anyone else noticed this who use the spectral controller for their kessil A360's?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back