Kessil to Eco Tech XR30w

tmann51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever tried to program an Radian XR30W to match the color spectrum of Kessil Tuna Blue 360W (I think that's the model)? What would that look like in EcoSmart Live?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tuna blue kessils are adjustable lights. I guess the question of “how do you make one adjustable light look like another adjustable light?” Doesn’t compute. There are an almost infinite number of combinations of settings between the two

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I borrowed a friends older xr30 when one of my AP700's stopped working. I set the xr30 to the ab + and adjusted my kessil's to it as closely as I could and found the closest match. 25-30% color, violet cranked, red & green between 10-20%.
The only noticeable difference was the spread (less than the AP700) and lack of shimmer. I know this is the opposite of what you wanted, but at least there are some similarities. If you remove the red and green, then you get a closer match.

OP
OP
T

tmann51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tuna blue kessils are adjustable lights. I guess the question of “how do you make one adjustable light look like another adjustable light?” Doesn’t compute. There are an almost infinite number of combinations of settings between the two
Well, the Tuna Blue is blue LED and white LED and intensity. Radeon has a couple of blues, white and, in my case, green, red and whatever. So, my guess is that you would activate the blue sliders in EcoSmart LIVE as well as the white, nothing else. No there wouldn't be Kessil shimmer. I'm not trying to compute anything and, you're right, I'm looking to make one adjustable light look like another adjustable light IN COLOR spectrum as much as is possible. The Radeons I have are old G1 that I'm going to use on a new 75 gallon tank and I have Kessil Tuna Blues I'm currently using on another SW 75 gallon.

Back