keywestreefer's Waterbox 130.4 Ultimate Dream Build

bigdog7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CA565594-552E-457F-B33B-9BC6F0B28881.jpeg

the picture is upside down it you get the idea.

coralvue metric to standard union. (Not pictured) going into the apex 1” Apex flow meter with a 3/4” reducer.
All the red Up from the return is 1” to the flow meter.
The first piece shown is the other side of the 1” union for the flow meter.
The main line straight up is 1” and reduced at the T to 3/4” for the manifold. Other than that it is all 3/4” parts. Send me a note if you want me to get you specific part numbers. The only thing I couldn’t find in black I needed to address was the reducing T. That required a little bit of paint ;).

I think what’s throwing me off is the unions to the waterbox bulkheads.... I have ordered a few different things just hope I ordered enough! I think i have placed 2-3 different orders with metric to standard.... unions and slip reducers... do you think If the if the Manafold was above the maim return it would change anything? Also just realized I did not purchase any elbows or 45s yet.....

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what’s throwing me off is the unions to the waterbox bulkheads.... I have ordered a few different things just hope I ordered enough! I think i have placed 2-3 different orders with metric to standard.... unions and slip reducers... do you think If the if the Manafold was above the maim return it would change anything? Also just realized I did not purchase any elbows or 45s yet.....
I used these unions. https://www.coralvue.com/metric-to-standard-union-coupling

I’m not sure what you are asking with the manifold above the return? But...as long as flow is not restricted I don’t think it really matters where it goes, and I’m no expert

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This last week was primarily apex advance programming and integration. I also have the trident hooked up and running and video monitoring on the Fusion Dashboard. Finally got my fish QT stabilized. I am not using a DDR but did another home made MOD to enable the fluid monitoring on my own dosing containers. If anyone is interested or would like more info in how I did this, let me know.

1594667227329.png

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention- Ditching the XR15's and XR30's and ordered 2 @Orphek Atlantik V4 G2 for the display and 1 compact for the QT. The Radions will be in the Marketplace shortly if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a lot of work. Looking good! Keep the updates coming. I am debating on either a waterbox or a red sea reefer for an upgrade in the future...
Thank you- I was going back and forth myself. I can tell you, if I was going to do this all over again I would go completely custom. But, to each is own..

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work man! I’m taking some design elements from your setup. Working on getting the parts I need for the plumbing change since I too am switching to standard size. Would really like to know the exact part number unions you ordered from coralvue and did you run 1 inch return completely past the manifold to the union at the bottom of the overflow box? The magnet you put on your door, what is the reason for it? I have a 3yr old and was looking into something similar. Again great work!

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you switching out the radians?
I was switching to the Orpheks due to “some” feedback I read. However, not pleased with communication from Orphek to my vendor as well as to me directly. They do not have a phone number or physical address. There have been horror stories from some about servicing and replacements and others have praised there name. Ultimately after my research, I am sticking with the Radions.

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work man! I’m taking some design elements from your setup. Working on getting the parts I need for the plumbing change since I too am switching to standard size. Would really like to know the exact part number unions you ordered from coralvue and did you run 1 inch return completely past the manifold to the union at the bottom of the overflow box? The magnet you put on your door, what is the reason for it? I have a 3yr old and was looking into something similar. Again great work!
Thanks so much for the kind words!
The unions I ordered are here-
Looks like they are out of stock..

FC894905-654D-494A-BBC8-ED0EAA9CFD5D.jpeg

You can send them a note and see when they may be getting them back in.

I ran the 1” return pipe from the union at the bottom of the over flow all the way down to the return pump. I am using a Cor-20 and used a reducer from 1 1/4” to 1” at the pump. The manifold using a reducing T from 1” to 3/4”
The door magnet on the Break Out Box controls my lighting so when I open the door the sump lights turn on. I also installed one in my Trident and Dosing cabinet. You could install an audible alarm or create a notification with in apex to do whatever you want when the magnet is triggered.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask anymore questions or drop me a message. Happy to share whatever I can.

bigdog7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the two drain pipes are 25mm or 32mm? I ordered 2 32mm 1inch thinking the drains where 32mm and I was planning to change to 1inch.... and the return is 25mm and To make
Standard 3/4??? My tank ships next week and think I ordered the correct parts...

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the kind words!
The unions I ordered are here-
Looks like they are out of stock..

FC894905-654D-494A-BBC8-ED0EAA9CFD5D.jpeg

You can send them a note and see when they may be getting them back in.

I ran the 1” return pipe from the union at the bottom of the over flow all the way down to the return pump. I am using a Cor-20 and used a reducer from 1 1/4” to 1” at the pump. The manifold using a reducing T from 1” to 3/4”
The door magnet on the Break Out Box controls my lighting so when I open the door the sump lights turn on. I also installed one in my Trident and Dosing cabinet. You could install an audible alarm or create a notification with in apex to do whatever you want when the magnet is triggered.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask anymore questions or drop me a message. Happy to share whatever I can.
Unfortunately I did not get a response today on when the unions were going to be back in stock but I did find them elsewhere. Thank you very much for the information!

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the two drain pipes are 25mm or 32mm? I ordered 2 32mm 1inch thinking the drains where 32mm and I was planning to change to 1inch.... and the return is 25mm and To make
Standard 3/4??? My tank ships next week and think I ordered the correct parts...
Omg you are correct. I got them backwards. Been a little bit since I ordered. This was my exact order.

935EAB18-9973-4519-8DFC-122934C6268D.jpeg

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I did not get a response today on when the unions were going to be back in stock but I did find them elsewhere. Thank you very much for the information!
Sorry- I lead you astray, it has been a minute since I ordered. Here is the screen shot from my order confirmation.
E57BE9D5-E82E-49A6-BF53-D938B39459EA.jpeg

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry- I lead you astray, it has been a minute since I ordered. Here is the screen shot from my order confirmation.
E57BE9D5-E82E-49A6-BF53-D938B39459EA.jpeg
No need to say sorry! Found what I needed with the information. Everything is good. And thanks for the plumbing pic! I can see all the details with that. ;)
still Curious about your controller board as well. I see the metal release lock in the upper left, do you have to angle the board to get it past the hinges. It looks like to took advantage of as much space from side to side as you could. I have taped off a measured amount that will allow for hinge clearance with the doors still on but I’m thinking of going more your direction since I will not be going behind regularly. As you can see 2 inches wider could help my situation drastically. I still have my vector pump controller and my ATO to fit. I’ll probably rearrange with the power bar up top like yours.

65D44408-0885-4EF6-8BB0-B0C1948AA826.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back