OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time- QTs are doing what they were designed to do. Found some undesirable worms on some corals so put them through another round of coral RX and found several bristle worms and various stars.

Fish have started showing symptoms of ICH so today is day 3 of the influx of copper power. We are around 1.5 and will slowly increase the amount of copper until we get to around 2.33. If anyone is interested in my medicated QT method, let me know and I will share my spreadsheet.

One other note- when doing a water change on my Frag QT I totally messed up. I turned the power strip off to stop the pumps. When I turned it back on, the heater never got back on. The water temp dropped to 73 degrees for about 12 hours I’m guessing. I lost one acro and my toadstool is still a shriveled mess. While not dead, I’m holding on to hope. Everything else seems to have faired unscathed.

Hope everyone is well and staying safe!

Here is a photo of the new hammer coming out to say hi.
2359FECA-B74F-4EB5-930A-3B48A6AF22C2.jpeg

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks cycling away. Algaebarn sent some free pods because of the issues I had with Turbo start. It was very nice of them to do that. They also sent some phyto to feed the pods :). I’ve been dosing phyto nightly, Apex seems to be working well and looking to add a small clean up crew from the QT this week. Here is a shot of the 130.4 as it sits tonight.
A73ECEB0-B466-4BBE-BFDB-D6DAEA8E31D9.png

Next up, is a photo of one of my favorite corals so far. The Mayan Sun Favia who seems to be happy in QT.
27E8D354-2888-4DF9-9E28-7229E08D008B.png

And finally- for fun- here is a nice little shark that came up to the back of the boat this weekend to say hi.
001E320A-D257-4F9B-AAF8-B080FECBBE01.png

bigdog7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking great!!! Can you share some pics of your QT please!!!!! Also what is your m2 set at in your return? I am trying to silence my tank and it way to loud!!!

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking great!!! Can you share some pics of your QT please!!!!! Also what is your m2 set at in your return? I am trying to silence my tank and it way to loud!!!
Hi There-

Upgraded the camera this week so hoping to start getting some better photos. I run a Cor-20 on my return for the display tank. It is set on 60% and running 600 GPH. I wonder if your water level in the return chamber is a bit too high? Close the gate valve until it is right level with the emergency drain if not a tiny touch higher.

Here are a couple shots of the Coral QT-

And the Fish QT-

Feel free to start a build thread, would love to follow along.

bigdog7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There-

Upgraded the camera this week so hoping to start getting some better photos. I run a Cor-20 on my return for the display tank. It is set on 60% and running 600 GPH. I wonder if your water level in the return chamber is a bit too high? Close the gate valve until it is right level with the emergency drain if not a tiny touch higher.

Here are a couple shots of the Coral QT-

And the Fish QT-

Feel free to start a build thread, would love to follow along.

I have one on here! Will try to ad a link!

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow- been a while since I have posted. I have been busy on instagram, with work, and preparing for Tropical Storm Laura. Glad we got prepared, happy we didn't need to.

Fighting what I think are Dino's and diatoms in my coral QT. I was Nitrate deficient with nitrate reading 0 for 9 days prior to getting NeoNitrate to bring it back to around 4ppm. Phosphates spiked at one point, and I think it is something I am dosing. Currently doing a 48 hour blackout to see if it will help with algae. Here are some of the photos of the algae... any thoughts?

Fish are almost through QT... but here is the next wrench. I ordered the new Waterbox 15 gallon peninsula. This is going to go in the office and I will move the 2 clowns and 6 line into that tank. I will stock it with some easy corals and have something help to keep me focused during the day LOL!

I have decided to go with Elliot at Marine Collectors to exclusively QT and stock my display. While QT was a super knowledgeable experience, I am not interested in doing it anymore. I will if I have to, but would rather someone else spend the time. I will still put them through a 2 week observation prior to moving to display, but won't deal with meds unless it is needed.

I also picked up another hobby- Photography,I just had to show off some of these amazing corals. Here are some shots from the Frag QT and incoming Tropical Storm Laura.

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a little update from the reef. Moved the first batch of coral from the QT to the display. The 2 clowns and 6-Line Wrasse are doing well in QT. Made it through copper and one of the clowns developed HLLE. Went through 2 doses of General Cure and he seems to be improving. Those fish will be coming to my new Waterbox Peninsula 15 that is getting setup in the office. The first order of fish for the display have been ordered from Marine Collectors. First up will be a yellow tang and a kole tang :) Here are some shots for now.

cstiff85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe it!!! Shout out to Blue Seas Aquariums for assisting with the communication with @Waterbox Aquariums! It should be here by the end of next month but hoping and praying it comes sooner. On to put together my supplies list which I will post (hopefully tonight) for recommendations, guidance, and y'alls ruthless torture when I make the wrong decision HAHAHA.

Bought my Waterbox 220 from Blue Seas Aquariums myself. Love this system. Forced the nitro cycle. Little diatom and no spikes with a fully stocked system. Just LPS and a Green Haddoni Carpet hosting some Picasso clowns ATM. The Neptune System has some kinks to work out... as does the next gen EchoTech Marine Radion Blues... but I gotta say... this is the most manageable and easy to use system for someone who loves the hobby and travels a lot. Keep on fraggin!
-CS

jlauck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your setup. Have you been happy with the MP40s on the back wall? I'm setting up an 130.4 right now with MP40s and was thinking of putting at least one of them on the back wall. It would be nice for them to disappear on the black background.

jlauck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve run into a few roadblocks- but, with my scape both on the back wall didn’t work.
I’ve moved one to the side and left the other on the back :)
Great to know. I was thinking about one on the back, and one on the side. The great thing is they are not too hard to move.

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love it !! any updates ? :)
Been crazy busy at work so really haven’t done much. Here are a few photos though. Once I get some time I will post a more thorough update- hopefully soon :)

I have some zoas that aren’t too happy and having some STN issues on corals. Not sure what’s going on and all parameters are in line. Sent of an ICP so awaiting to see if that uncovers anything.

7EA90D85-BE5B-4EEB-9C78-FC8E26B7EA94.jpeg

59EDE8F5-70F8-4E0D-B51C-BD85A2CA7F71.jpeg
2E3DD5A5-DC08-4823-96A5-3065BC0055A4.jpeg
0BC2B18B-A04F-401E-90EB-CEEDBDF8FA55.jpeg

BigSkyRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following the DOS mods came the LSM. I was unaware the Radion's had a lunar feature. Now I am glad I got the LSM. When I received the 3 Lunar LED string, YIKES.... No way was this going to fly. Way to sloppy and was not happy with the cord visible between the lights. The cord was too short to run it down the arms and back up to the next arm.

IMG_1720.JPG

Not to worry- a quick next day delivery from Amazon and a DC extension I made some quick work with solder joints, a heat gun, and some assistance from the handy dandy wire strippers. We now have some Lunar lights (that work btw) and more streamlined.

IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_1703.JPG
IMG_6720.JPG

I also ran all the 1/4" tubing from the Trident/DOS cabinet. Hooked up a magnetic light sensor. Some new LED's that are controlled through Google Assistant, as well as the sample line to the sump from the Trident.
Here is the wiring for the door magnet and float valves to the BOB on the Apex-

IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG

The control board is spaced and full to the brim- The back of the control board now also has a second EB832 and will snap some photos (if/once) the wires are under control.

638F9220-C485-4D93-9720-67FA35AFE91C.JPG

The Tank is "almost" ready for water...

61464676715__306B58C8-7B65-48E8-8C31-83126868FCD3.JPG

A few other upgrades and changes have happened. If I have more time to share but now... onto mixing salt and spoiler alert...

61464906795__BD8C82A4-580C-417E-8866-FE8FE9A9F69E.JPG
I'm a little late to this party but currently building my new 130 and trying to decide on the control boatd placement. Can you tell me how you attached your mounting board to the interior of that space in the cabinet? Thanks

Back