Kh direct and stand alone doser. How to see charted data? How to connect to My GHL online after set up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Canadianreefmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a lot of issues getting my Kh director up and running, I first used the app which failed, I then used my computer #1 and when I did the firmware update outlined in the video something and the program stopped working. I bought a new computer, It went well but then stopped working; turned out, the computer itself was broken! Bad luck! I was very upset! So I went and got a brand new computer again (3rd times the charm?) and plug the Kh direct in and it lights on fire...... well maybe not. I finally managed to get it to work! It was a series of frustrating events for someone who is use to apple download and play.

Now!
It is all set up I want to see the charted results of my kh!
I have done dozens of tests and it is not mapping my data? Do I need the other controller ?

2nd

I am unable to connect online to the my ghl connect, it says it has the wrong ghl identification o the wifi/profilux/ has to be updated?
Does i need the profilux controller to do this?

Ill start here and see if I can get some help, I have used all the videos online available. An electron microscope has proven to be easier to run than this equipment such far LOL!!

Fish_boy1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes brand new stand alone and kh direct. I hit the measure or chart and it tries to.open a fire but there are no files to open.

Fish_boy1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I opened the computer and its not able to connect. I simply didn't look at it for a few hours while i slept ....

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that you must have MyGHL working in order to have the chart working.

I ask because if it is a used and the previous owner not have delete it at his/hers MyGHL - you can´t connect it

Sincerely Lasse

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can only get the chart using MyGHL. It isn't available in GHL Connect on either desktop or mobile. Or at least that's what I found after I got mine.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can only get the chart using MyGHL. It isn't available in GHL Connect on either desktop or mobile. Or at least that's what I found after I got mine.
It works in the GHL Connect app on iPhone.

B08E1D60-051D-48EC-93E8-A70E7F3AFAFC.png
42FC668C-CADB-4F35-AD04-5517F40971AA.png

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you first configure the App or GHL connect you get questions if you want to use myGHL as sources for chart and other things. If you answer no on these question - I doubt that you can access that type of charts that is in the post above. If you - in P4 - use GCC and navigate to the measuring page - save to file and ask for a char - you get this old interface. Is not from a P3 - it is from a local stored data in a P4

1615976657895.png

Sincerely Lasse

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works in the GHL Connect app on iPhone.

B08E1D60-051D-48EC-93E8-A70E7F3AFAFC.png
42FC668C-CADB-4F35-AD04-5517F40971AA.png

It looks like you're using a Profilux controller. OP said he's just using the Director with the SA Doser, no Profilux. That's why we don't get the chart.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you're using a Profilux controller. OP said he's just using the Director with the SA Doser, no Profilux. That's why we don't get the chart.
I didn't realize you only had the SA Doser. I was going off your general statement that the charts didn't work in the Connect App.
Since I have never ran the dosers in SA mode, I have no further comment.

OP
OP
Canadianreefmaster

Canadianreefmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is happening to me too. Chart has been working since I got the thing and now it won’t work at all on my computer or the app.
Yep! Working on this I hope that they can let us know how to do it!! I honestly feel there is something wrong with the software. I was able to connect to the app 1x then they directed me to update the wifi so I followed the directions they sent me and the wifi connected to the router but the app stopped connecting. All I get is open file...not sure what file! I have the proflux 4 on the way so I am hoping this settles. I am on my work set atm so I don't get to look at it again for a few days... its doing my multiple tests a day that I am assessing and trying to figure out my bicarbonate dosing. I am a lab biologist and a nurse who primes iv pumps for a living so it's frustration. They have been helpful so far. There has been a number of people with the same problem.

Attachments

• 16165613582613179949325559723272.jpg
    16165613582613179949325559723272.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 76

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you run into this message, always confirm that you can connect to the doser through your Wi-Fi network. If not, then you should check the network settings in the doser first.

If you can connect through your network, double-check to see that myGHL is enabled in the System settings page. A quick power cycle never hurts either.

OP
OP
Canadianreefmaster

Canadianreefmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Network connected and settings as outlines in the how to sent to me. You helped set up the other components. My ghl is enabled, firmware up to date, Whats a power cycle?

Are the pumps suppose to be squeaky out of the box, pump 3 sqeeks cloud when running. Testing works, adaptive dosing worked, everything is accurate etc. Just cannot connect online. Or get charts. I have read online help. Nothing seems to be addressing these issues or are person specific. My proflux will be here in a few days. Excited. It's a learning curve but is worth it :) I'm sorry if I'm frustrating haha.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you run into this message, always confirm that you can connect to the doser through your Wi-Fi network. If not, then you should check the network settings in the doser first.

If you can connect through your network, double-check to see that myGHL is enabled in the System settings page. A quick power cycle never hurts either.
This was helpful, having same issue. No chart shows on my dashboard for KH Director, but if i go into history i can see a chart. How do i get thar history chart to show on my dashboard?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back