Kickstarter Void?

Discussion in 'MindStream' started by ReefMadScientist, Sep 6, 2015.

1. ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist Valuable Member

Just got this email. I know the goal would not be met but figured the project will continue on with our investments. I opted for the U.S. Beta Tester. Is this still a go?

Thanks for being a backer of MindStream Aquarium Monitor. Unfortunately, this project did not reach its funding goal by its deadline. Because funding on Kickstarter is all or nothing, your pledge of $1,028.00 USD has been automatically canceled and your card will not be charged.

The fact that you showed your support is still appreciated! If you’d like to follow along with the creator’s next steps, stay tuned to their updates. You can even drop them an encouraging message or comment on their project page.

Thanks again for supporting this project.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Reduck likes this.
    Tags:

2. Reduck

Reduck ^ His name is Trent R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Same question here. What's going to happen to those of us that bought in? I know we are not going to be charged now, but if the project goes on, I hate to lose my place in line!

I guess we wait for @Step Ahead Innovations to return from MACNA for an answer.

3. ssdawood

ssdawood Valuable Member

I think the only option left now is to wait. Mindstream will have to find funding which will eat time and delay the project.

I am pretty sure it will still come to market but instead of December it could be middle of next year.

Also when ready for launch they might take preorders from site. Other than that I see no way of holding your special place in line lol

We will all have to wait for preorders when ever mindstream is ready.

4. ssdawood

ssdawood Valuable Member

I wonder of they can still take preorders on units that they can deliver in 6 months. I don't know if that's against the law.

I mean they can use this cash to finish of the product.

5. ReefMadScientist

I am pretty confident Midstream will honor their backers with some sort of bonus subscriptions or first dibs on the unit. I doubt they will classify us as non-supporters or people waiting for the market unit.

Maybe us backers will get a lower cost compared to non-backers. As like the kickstarter gradually showed.

@Step Ahead Innovations ???

Reduck likes this.
  6. ssdawood

ssdawood Valuable Member

^^^ I hope what you are saying I'd true but I don't think it's going to happen. Kickstarter is voided and all the pledges are null and voided.

They might make another list of backers when the product is launch based on some other criteria then.

I think this is over though. Time for mindstream and pledges to move on.

When the product launches they might have similar program for beta testers.

7. mnat

mnat Valuable Member

I asked them at MACNA what would happen and at this point they do not know. They have to get investors involved at this point so they are not really sure what the pricing will be for the unit going forward. They did add they hope to keep the discounted rate for KS backers (I was one as well) and will hopefully have a special order for us. I think they will try a preorder round, but again this was just some chat at a reef show and a lot can change.

Reduck and ReefMadScientist like this.
  8. ReefMadScientist

Thanks for the insight. I was under the impression the units will still make it out on time but when the KS money got refunded, I started to doubt that idea.

I was really looking forwarded to beta testing these out :(

9. ssdawood

ssdawood Valuable Member

Yes if this was released in time it would be awesome to have realtime monti ring of these parameters

I am still hopeful though that it will be launched.

Some said that realtime monitoring of parameters is the future. Sooner or later it will happen.

We don't know if companies like neptune or ecotech are already looking at options to partner with mindstream or to roll out motoring devices of their own.

It is coming soon to our tanks.

10. ssdawood

ssdawood Valuable Member

Imagine a device that will monitor all parameters on tank.

Based on alkalinity and calcium will dose correct levels.
    Check nitrates and phosphates and adjust feeding accordingly.
    Check salinity to keep auto top off going.

Etc.

Future of reefing.

11. 7hogwarts

7hogwarts Active Member R2R Supporter

I too backed MindStream. I still want one. Let's hope this come to happen.
    I wish I knew who they would ultimately team up with to do dosing. I currently have a Profilux. But would switch to an Apex or whoever to have it (almost) completely automated.

Draft saved Draft deleted