Pauley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pauley,
I've never tried Vibrance.
Did you get any cyano from using that product?

Thanks, Freddie
Howdy. I didn't get cyano, or notice any other abnormal results. Water chemistry remained the same. I dosed the recommended amount per water change, and conducted 8% water changes weekly (which is my normal schedule).

For what it's worth, I also bought a cheap set of picks, and aggressively cleared out as much bubble algae as possible in a couple sessions over the first week. At that point I wasn't worried about breaking bubbles, due to the fact that I was already prepared to scrap the rock and start over if unsuccessful. In the past, I was very careful about removing it by hand, but even so, it almost immediately returned. This time, no new bubbles appeared, and the old stuff began dying off right away. As I said, no other changes to the tank during this period, so I credit vibrant.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy. I didn't get cyano, or notice any other abnormal results. Water chemistry remained the same. I dosed the recommended amount per water change, and conducted 8% water changes weekly (which is my normal schedule).

For what it's worth, I also bought a cheap set of picks, and aggressively cleared out as much bubble algae as possible in a couple sessions over the first week. At that point I wasn't worried about breaking bubbles, due to the fact that I was already prepared to scrap the rock and start over if unsuccessful. In the past, I was very careful about removing it by hand, but even so, it almost immediately returned. This time, no new bubbles appeared, and the old stuff began dying off right away. As I said, no other changes to the tank during this period, so I credit vibrant.
Thanks for your incite :)

Got the 16oz bottle on the way. I'm used to scraping and siphoning them out too.

TinyChocobo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to think I may want to get a bottle of Vibrance to keep on hand.

I had Bubble Algae in my 29 Gallon but with it being a small tank I had single [rather large] emerald crab that eradicated it :).

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pauley,
I've never tried Vibrance.
Did you get any cyano from using that product?

Thanks, Freddie

Freddie,

A friend of ours has had issues with Vibrant. At first, it worked exceptionally well... Almost like a silver bullet. But in time, it wiped out all his algae, and we believe, gave another nasty creature the chance to flourish -- Dinos. After dosing and killing off all his algae, there was nothing to compete with dinos and they took over. I've also had more than a few people I know dose vibrant, and end up killing their target algae, only to allow another algae to take over in it's place.

I'm not saying Vibrant is bad -- But rather that our tanks have many organisms growing that keep things in balance with one another. And removing one, may allow another to take root, so to speak.

Reefing -- It's always more complicated than a simple this, that, yes, or no.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing -- It's always more complicated than a simple this, that, yes, or no.
Well said ! So The Folks who have had luck with Bubble using Emerald crabs. Where & when did You see these crabs? I can't see these things out in the open in high flow day or night.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one and he worked for me. I do pay a lot. ..... It was a 125g , 55g sump, 1200 gph return pump, 1 mp40, closed loop with a dart/ snapper at full bore thru 2 sea swirls. Prob not high flow but it moved some reborn media in the corners. He was out all the time on the rocks.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this safe for corals and starfish and shrimp
a LOT has gone on between 2019 and today relative to Vibrant - and too much to get deeply into here; you can spend 4 hours following the well documented threads.

Trust me to say the majority of the reports are: stay away from it, though a few will disagree.

Acrofiend

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dropping your nutrients to zero will definitely kill them. This is only if you don’t have coral.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back