KIRK AND SARAHS CADE REEF 900 S2 (SALT AQUARIUM RESTART AFTER 2 YR BREAK)

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Thank you to Reefapalooza Orlando 2021 for getting me drawn back into the best hobby I ever had. Thanks to a lil pressure from my better half, Sarah, We went, saw and loved The show just as much if not better than previous years. We also were able to pick up a Cade Reef 900 S2 from unlimited color corals and algaebarn. Thank you to the people over there for hooking us up and also helping us load it in after the show. amazing people.

Here is the stock photo from the algaebarn website.

OURTANKSTOCKPIC.jpg

I will post more pix once we have it running.

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Thank you to Reefapalooza Orlando 2021 for getting me drawn back into the best hobby I ever had. Thanks to a lil pressure from my better half, Sarah, We went, saw and loved The show just as much if not better than previous years. We also were able to pick up a Cade Reef 900 S2 from unlimited color corals and algaebarn. Thank you to the people over there for hooking us up and also helping us load it in after the show. amazing people.

Here is the stock photo from the algaebarn website.

OURTANKSTOCKPIC.jpg

I will post more pix once we have it running.
Oh nice!! You are the one that took home the show floor tank?! I was also there :D

OP
OP
mckinleyw

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing but mushrooms right now. Gotta fix low ph. Too much co2 in our home.

Attachments

• received_3030232967264797.jpeg
    received_3030232967264797.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
mckinleyw

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update. We added a blue damsel in this weekend. We slow dripped him for like 4 hrs to give him the best chance with the lower ph. He is doing great right now. We did not plan on damsels but with our stocking plan we have decided that we can have 3 of the smaller damsels. Our stocking plan is going to be an anemone tank with a group of like 5 clownfish, the damsels, a midas blenny, a one spot fox face, a yellow tang, and a tomini tang. that is about it. we may pick out a small wrasse at some point but not needed. Here is a pic after a long drip acclimatization.

received_222077333077330.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mckinleyw

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saturday update will be trying to do every saturday got a few new fish. As of right now it is a damsel tank lol. Not to fancy but it is nice to have a saltwater aquarium again. And have some active fish in it. It will probably be close to a year before we are able to get into the clownfish harem with anemones. But what we have will be awesome until we are ready for anemones. As of right now we currently have 2 yellowtail damsels and blue damsel a saphire damsel and 2-3 stripe damsels. As well as a small scopas tang.
received_971403450067073.jpeg

K SEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, sweet build. I’m getting the same tank soon and want to buy plastic hose clamps for the submerged ones. Can you tell me the approximate outside diameters for the return hose off the pump and the section that goes through the ATO? Also have the metal ones held up for you? Thanks in advance!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back