Klir di-4 (2nd gen) or Aquamax Af-1 for Waterbox 80 gallon

shahprincea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in a dilemma and thought I will bounce off the idea from your guys.

I have waterbox 80.2 which is 4x2 and 19 gallon sump. Currently I have protein skimmer and have retro fitted manifold to run GFO and Bio pallets. I also run Santa Monica HOG .3 to control nitrates but not impressed with it (air pipe gets clogged frequently with salts and calcium).

I order Klir di-4 (2nd generation with 11 RPM motor and also smooth bottom plate preventing tear). This will fit perfectly in my 4 inch sock bracket with out any mod. However, I started to google around and found that Aquamaxx came out with AF-1 pretty much similar to ClariSea Sk3000 and Bubble magnus but for $200. It does have higher capacity of 1350 GPH compare to DI-4 750 GPH.

I do have some space for AF-1 in my sump and thinking that I will use one of the outlet from manifold to feed into the filter roller. That way I dono't have to mod and everything stays inside the sump avoid possibility of flooding.

PS: I wanted automatic filter roller as I do go out of town for weeks (3 weeks) for work.

Here are the two product links for ref:

AquaMaxx AF-1 Automatic Filter Roller - Marine Depot
AquaMaxx AF-1 Automatic Filter Roller AquaMaxx AF-1 Automatic Filter Roller Peace out, filter socks. Enjoy more and do less, the AF-1 Automatic Filter will let you enjoy your aquarium with less maintenance by removing the need to change out your filter socks or sponges every few days.Leaving clogge

www.marinedepot.com
www.marinedepot.com

https://www.marinedepot.com/di-4-drop-in-fleece-filter-system-4-inch-klir

Di-4 Drop-In Fleece Filter System - 4 inch - Klir - Marine Depot
Di-4 Drop-In Fleece Filter System - 4 inch - Klir Klir Fleece Filter Di-4Modular Mechanical Filtration at its Finest The Patent Pending Klir Fleece Filter Di-4 fits directly into most 4in filter sock chambers that automatically unrolls new material as it gets clogged, removing suspended particles fr

www.marinedepot.com
www.marinedepot.com

Cheers !! and thank you in advance for helping.

dmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have some space for AF-1 in my sump and thinking that I will use one of the outlet from manifold to feed into the filter roller. That way I dono't have to mod and everything stays inside the sump avoid possibility of flooding.

Shahprincea, I know this is an older thread, but didn't see a response. Did you ever make a decision on which path to go?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back