• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Klir filter holder for Red Sea 525xl

jdTrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 525XL v2 (not the latest v3 that started Oct 2019) and would like to add 2 Klir Di-4s for both filter sock holes.

It would basically be the same exact thing as what user Thor2j made. I can't get a hold of him though (I don't have the stock ATO so my setup matches his just like his in this picture): https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/red-sea-reefer-and-klir-filter.441932/page-3#post-5682145

That thread has many details regarding this, as well as these threads....
- Same thread another implementation but would need to be 2 holders instead of one: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/red-sea-reefer-and-klir-filter.441932/page-4#post-6353901
- Seems like a speciality tray and collar was supposed to be released but never did for what I'm after, see photo here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/klir-4-filter.444980/#post-5061386

Could anyone print me one and ship to Michigan? I would be very grateful.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I looked at the file for the single. It wouldn't be hard to put two together and remove the wall between them. What's that extended piece beyond the two round holes section?

OP
OP
J

jdTrader

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I looked at the file for the single. It wouldn't be hard to put two together and remove the wall between them. What's that extended piece beyond the two round holes section?

Thank you for the reply. See attached photos of the 525xl sump schematic. Blue arrow is drain from tank into sump. The green lines are additional glass glued to the inside of the sump so it can support a stock ATO container, which you will see in another photo what that would typically look like. I don't have that ATO container similar to all these photos with the Klir installed. It also looks like that adapter would sit on top of that glass holding it in place while also creating the necessary dam height that the Klir filter needs by extending the height of that inside sump glass that is labeled 1 in green in the schematic. Red arrows just show normal flow when socks over flow. I see in the adapter that area where the socks would normally over flow that has the dam is slightly shorter height than where it's sitting on the inside glass labeled 1 in green. This would create the stock and adapter setup have the same place where overflow would occur if socks or filter roller get too high.

Reefer 525 sump copy.jpg Reefer 525 sump.jpg IMG_1705.jpg f15e5c556fd68e7850aabc78eb9cd9f6.jpg ad1c9ab7a43250f11824a3db02e5dbaf.jpg 3fc16e88747b4b713331bde1b582e7c2.jpg

xenttt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Michigan and can print it for you. Save you some of that shipping cost :p I'll send you a PM tonight when i've got some time to get the details of the part.

Tmcgoo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Michigan and can print it for you. Save you some of that shipping cost :p I'll send you a PM tonight when i've got some time to get the details of the part.
Did you get this working for the 525? I have a 650 and would love one too, think it’s the same size

xenttt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get this working for the 525? I have a 650 and would love one too, think it’s the same size

Yes, we eventually got it working. Send me a PM with pictures of your sump and some quick measurements of the area to make sure it's the same.

djkingtutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I am in Virginia and would like to get this item for my XL525. Is that possible?

Dgess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply. See attached photos of the 525xl sump schematic. Blue arrow is drain from tank into sump. The green lines are additional glass glued to the inside of the sump so it can support a stock ATO container, which you will see in another photo what that would typically look like. I don't have that ATO container similar to all these photos with the Klir installed. It also looks like that adapter would sit on top of that glass holding it in place while also creating the necessary dam height that the Klir filter needs by extending the height of that inside sump glass that is labeled 1 in green in the schematic. Red arrows just show normal flow when socks over flow. I see in the adapter that area where the socks would normally over flow that has the dam is slightly shorter height than where it's sitting on the inside glass labeled 1 in green. This would create the stock and adapter setup have the same place where overflow would occur if socks or filter roller get too high.

Reefer 525 sump copy.jpg Reefer 525 sump.jpg IMG_1705.jpg f15e5c556fd68e7850aabc78eb9cd9f6.jpg ad1c9ab7a43250f11824a3db02e5dbaf.jpg 3fc16e88747b4b713331bde1b582e7c2.jpg
Hi, where can I buy this. I am looking for this kind of setup.

batey67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 525xl same version as above. How much to print or send the file?

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm the original designer of this. Don't have the sump anymore but glad to answer any questions. My final version had a bellied out front and it worked way better.

Back