Klir Fleece Roller Filter DI-7 (saggy filter)

Surfpulse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I got this Klir DI-7 filter roller, because I always forget about my socks. Plus my work schedule sucks and sometimes- I'm gone for a few days.

So I have ran into an issue with this thing. I noticed where the clean roll is, over time- it starts to sag a little. This allows water to bypass my filter. I reached out to the company. I got no real luck on my issue. So I'm turning to you all.

Anyone have a solution or a quick fix for this. I thought about filling the roll, which would keep it a little tighter. Or try and stiffing it up another way. Any help would be appreciated....

Thanks

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so i delt with it for 6 months. Finally i bought the y splitter cable they sell, cut the power cord and soldered on a female end. I ditched their controller and plugged it into my Apex. I added a float switch. Now i have it roll longer with water level lower. I also have it spin twice a day regardless. Soo much better with Apex control.

same concept that they discuss in this video:

OP
OP
Surfpulse

Surfpulse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so i delt with it for 6 months. Finally i bought the y splitter cable they sell, cut the power cord and soldered on a female end. I ditched their controller and plugged it into my Apex. I added a float switch. Now i have it roll longer with water level lower. I also have it spin twice a day regardless. Soo much better with Apex control.

same concept that they discuss in this video:

Right on, thanks for your advice... great video, I guess I'll have to figure this out. I'll be ditching all the apex stuff unfortunately, I like how GHL has better control.
My issue is the stupid filter get loose on the new side.. any advice on that?
I moved the sensor away from the unit and it's working amazing. Only issue is how it get slack in it

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Right on, thanks for your advice... great video, I guess I'll have to figure this out. I'll be ditching all the apex stuff unfortunately, I like how GHL has better control.
I moved the sensor away from the unit and it's working amazing. Only issue is how it get slack in it
Thats not an issue with mine. Are you putting a ton of flow through it?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the large rolls or the half roles? I run 3 klir 7s

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever the unit came with.. I belive they are large ones.
Yea that is your problem. I went thru this 3x once with all 3 of mine when I first set them up. I’m assuming this is why klir switched from large roles to 2 half roles in the package now. The large role being large is close to where water falls into klir and when water rushes in creates some bubbles or splash that soaks bottom of large role cause it’s close to water and when bottom of role gets wet and then klir turns on now wet portion is at top and the weight now spins role around causing the slack. At least this was my experience 3x all only with large roles.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back