Knocking on vintage? Maybe…Reef Ready Grape Juice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Well not quite, but this one is getting there. The Reef ready Grape Juice is and old “Classic” by every standard nonetheless. I've had mine forever now and I still do not know the story, so if you do, let’s here it. I’ve kept this colony under leds since it was a small frag and it has just come into its own so well. Three perfectly distinct colors all glowing mad.

The Juice is one acro that really needs some time to grow up a little before it starts to look right. When it does, it's still absolutely amazing and not going passé anytime soon.

The colony below is 100% LED grown Grape Juice, beautifully marrying an old coral and a new light source into what I think is the nicest iteration my own piece has ever been! Super vibrant contrasting coloration and pic is absolutely true to life I swear. If anything, a little under-exaggerated.

fa069130-aba5-4344-87af-e13b5ee98930_zpsfhkrgdxr.jpg

IMG_8682_zpseauob6tm.jpg

IMG_8682-2_zps3rhezg0x.jpg

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome colony man! I love that lime green with the grape juice. Not sure what you'd call the third color but, what stunner!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Old school is the way to go! Beautiful!

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are both beauties. @BigJim you can see that pink starting to come through. Even without that pink tips that is a stunner

Thanks! I should probably add that the frag I received from Adam was big and in perfect condition. I had a tank issue that nearly killed it.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost all my colonies and frags of this one during the move :( It's one that always browns out after fragging IME, but in the right conditions and as it grows up it really is a stunner.

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Phone pic of my little frag, getting ready to take off think ! Love the Classics

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam how does this compare to upscsles micro? Looks similar in both color and structure.....but I'm colorblind lol

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam how does this compare to upscsles micro? Looks similar in both color and structure.....but I'm colorblind lol

Hey Daniel! These two will probably look pretty much the same to you my friend but I've always thought upscales was a little more vibrant all around.\Greens are richer, pinks are sharper and polyps are darker. At least in my system.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back