Kole tang wont eat, help!

Jbdrywallking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a kole tang and a small purple tang 8 days ago. They are in a 30 gallon quarantine tank. The purple has settled in nice eating flakes, mysis, and brine shrimp so far. Cannot get the kole tang to eat anything. Tried nori, algae wafers, frozen and flake food. Even tried a spurilina paste on the rocks nothing. He is in hiding anytime I approach the tank. Not much algae in this tank. Thinking of adding some live rock (has brown algae on it) from my DT , any thoughts or ideas please , thanks

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef ,yes they are grazer's ,but no meds in tank ,would not transfer rock back to display until full qt ends without probs.. :)

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t see my kole tang eat for 3-4 weeks when I got mine but I don’t qt and he was probably grazing on lr when I wasn’t there. I would keep giving him a selection of foods and eventually will eat.

OP
OP
J

Jbdrywallking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t see my kole tang eat for 3-4 weeks when I got mine but I don’t qt and he was probably grazing on lr when I wasn’t there. I would keep giving him a selection of foods and eventually will eat.
Thank you for the input, trying Masstick today (a little pricey) high in macroes hoping that gets him going .

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a kole tang and a small purple tang 8 days ago. They are in a 30 gallon quarantine tank. The purple has settled in nice eating flakes, mysis, and brine shrimp so far. Cannot get the kole tang to eat anything. Tried nori, algae wafers, frozen and flake food. Even tried a spurilina paste on the rocks nothing. He is in hiding anytime I approach the tank. Not much algae in this tank. Thinking of adding some live rock (has brown algae on it) from my DT , any thoughts or ideas please , thanks
Mine did exactly the same. I think he was snacking when nobody was around. Made it fine to the display.

Back