Kole tang

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish if he doesnt take to the peas what the next step? Im guessing this isnt something they just work out on thier own..

Assuming this is just constipation, here are two other things you can do to help your fish:
  1. Feed lots of nori, which contains iodine and that helps make potty. ;)
  2. Dose Magnesium sulfate aka Epsom Salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gals), which helps with contraction of the bowel muscles. And since SW fish do drink the water they're in, the presence of Mag sulfate will also act as a laxative that works by drawing water into the bowels to soften stools.
I had a PBT that got constipated every time she ate red nori, even just small pieces in LRS. So, I had to figure out everything I could about fish constipation. ;)

omykiss001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never mixed those two, but it should be OK. Let's double check with Randy @Randy Holmes-Farley.
epsom salt is magnesium sulfate and if you dose using the BRS additives their Mg is a combo of MgCl and MgSO4. I'm guessing you should be fine with Cupramine as there is most likely MgSO4 in your salt mix to begin and once dissolved in the water should just be Mg2+just a higher concentration. Would be interested to hear if the resident reef chemist sees any issue with it. I suspect you'll be fine adding the 2 together.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss :(

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back