Koral Craze York, Pa

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to give a shout out to Kevin over in York, PA. He runs a small LLC out of his home. I bought my 90 gallon in the Central pa area and the guy said he has a friend who sells corals out of his home. Selling corals out of his home is an understatement. Kevin has over 4000 corals, clean up crew, chateo, phytoplankton, fish, 3d printed items and more!

I'm not new to saltwater but I am new to corals. I went to check out his setup this weekend and explained my situation and budget. Prices are way better and the selection.. not even close to that fish place. Speaking of which, tfp.. :(.. just not what it used to be. If u live within a few hours please give Koral Craze a look. You can find him on Facebook. He runs it out his home so you will need to setup a time to go look he has over 950 gallons setup in about 10 tanks in a small room in his house. Dont bring a large group but 2-3 people could fit.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you found the hidden gem. Incredible setup. If you are anywhere in PA, NJ, MD, or DE it is worth making a trip to Koral Craze. As mentioned above, he’s got everything, great prices, and worth the road trip.

It will blow your mind to see his coral room. You will never buy online ever again. Nothing against the LFS but this is what real coral husbandry looks like. The coral flats are full brim to bring with frags and colonies of all types and sizes. Plus he also has everything else you may want like Phyto and macro.

You can find him on Facebook, responds to messages quickly.

I make the trip from Baltimore.

4kidsandapug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I want to give a shout out to Kevin over in York, PA. He runs a small LLC out of his home. I bought my 90 gallon in the Central pa area and the guy said he has a friend who sells corals out of his home. Selling corals out of his home is an understatement. Kevin has over 4000 corals, clean up crew, chateo, phytoplankton, fish, 3d printed items and more!

I'm not new to saltwater but I am new to corals. I went to check out his setup this weekend and explained my situation and budget. Prices are way better and the selection.. not even close to that fish place. Speaking of which, tfp.. :(.. just not what it used to be. If u live within a few hours please give Koral Craze a look. You can find him on Facebook. He runs it out his home so you will need to setup a time to go look he has over 950 gallons setup in about 10 tanks in a small room in his house. Dont bring a large group but 2-3 people could fit.
Where is he located? Does he deal in dry goods?

OP
OP
FishStixx2

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is he located? Does he deal in dry goods?
Between York and Harrisburg. He is just off the turnpike. As far as dry goods he can order anything wholesale which is great if u need things when u plan a visit. He also has used items but the selection varies. I always like to see what he has milling around used. I picked up 2 kessils for a great price and haven't had any issues with thus far. Idk how prominent it is elsewhere but his 3d printing stuff is awesome, and I think underpriced compared to ebay prices. He has mounts for power supplies, frozen food clips for the food to melt, and literally a list of other items he can make in any color or size needed. But the real reason to go is his coral stock. I've visited more than a handful of other places via word of mouth or Craigslist, etc and most have a tank or two with the same old stuff. Koral Craze has significantly more than stuff than even That Fish Place and more importantly healthy coral. 90% of my coral is from Koral Craze.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 173

4kidsandapug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Well I’m just getting back into the hobby and he’s closer than TFPTPP. I haven’t even bought a setup yet, just researching and deciding I’m coming back. So it’ll be awhile. His website isn’t working and I don’t have Facebook lol.

Where are you located?

OP
OP
FishStixx2

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m just getting back into the hobby and he’s closer than TFPTPP. I haven’t even bought a setup yet, just researching and deciding I’m coming back. So it’ll be awhile. His website isn’t working and I don’t have Facebook lol.

Where are you located?

I'm over in Elizabethtown. Im actually going to see Kevin tonight. I need to pick up some phyto and hermits from him. I'll see if I can get some pics of his tanks and post them tomorrow.

As far as his website he was in the process of building it himself but has since turned the project over to a website designer as he not only runs Koral Craze but also has his own full time business he runs during the day. So the website should be running in February? But ill ask tonight

4kidsandapug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I'm over in Elizabethtown. Im actually going to see Kevin tonight. I need to pick up some phyto and hermits from him. I'll see if I can get some pics of his tanks and post them tomorrow.

As far as his website he was in the process of building it himself but has since turned the project over to a website designer as he not only runs Koral Craze but also has his own full time business he runs during the day. So the website should be running in February? But ill ask tonight
Awesome. Can you ask if he has any used equipment? I’m after a full setup

OP
OP
FishStixx2

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also don't have Facebook but I used my wife's account for the marketplace. Thats the best place to find used setups. I pieced mine together from used parts and then upgraded those pieces as I went.

I'll ask him what he currently has but im sure he doesn't have a full setup.

4kidsandapug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I also don't have Facebook but I used my wife's account for the marketplace. Thats the best place to find used setups. I pieced mine together from used parts and then upgraded those pieces as I went.

I'll ask him what he currently has but im sure he doesn't have a full setup.
Seeing as how central PA seems to be lacking in this hobby I don’t think I’ll have much luck but I’ll try.

I’m mainly after sumps and lighting I guess.

OP
OP
FishStixx2

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing as how central PA seems to be lacking in this hobby I don’t think I’ll have much luck but I’ll try.

Sumps are so costly. I made my own. I have a 90g. I bought some baffles off Amazon and sealed them into a spare 20long I had.

I'll ask what he has though.

OP
OP
FishStixx2

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I reached out to Kevin quick asking what he has available. Turns out he has more than I thought. He said he can send u a list of what he currently has, shoot him an email. [email protected]

OP
OP
FishStixx2

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a few quick pics of some of his tanks. This is the majority of them. When I get a new phone I'll go back and get better pics.

Attachments

• 20210203_165000.jpg
    20210203_165000.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 20210203_165003.jpg
    20210203_165003.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 20210203_165007.jpg
    20210203_165007.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 20210203_165012.jpg
    20210203_165012.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 20210203_165026.jpg
    20210203_165026.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 20210203_165033.jpg
    20210203_165033.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210203_165043.jpg
    20210203_165043.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 20210203_165046.jpg
    20210203_165046.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 20210203_165053.jpg
    20210203_165053.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 20210203_165103.jpg
    20210203_165103.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 20210203_165107.jpg
    20210203_165107.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 136

seant2h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just there yesterday and if you can go see Kevin, do it. Granted I’m fairly new to the saltwater scene but in my many years of planted freshwater tanks I’ve been to enough stores, houses and basement fish rooms to know a good source when I see one. I don’t want to get into all of our conversation but it’s fair to say that Kevin is passionate about all things saltwater and the quality of his coral, cleanliness of the tanks and entire operation speak for itself.

I wish I could use some of the 3D printed stuff that he makes because prices on that seem good too but unfortunately I can not use that stuff right now.

It took me 1.5 hours one way to get there and I’d do it again tomorrow if I had the time and money to get more coral from him. Go to Koral Craze and see for yourself.

candelz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I start. I met Kevin, the owner of koral craze, a few years back at a Philly spash frag swap. His coral selection has always been top notch in both color and quality! Also he has a variety of 3d printed items that are pretty cool as well. One of Kevin 3d printed key chain my daughter wheres on her lunch box to school everyday. Alittle story about that key chain, my daughter lost the original one when we first got it at the frag swap and I reached out to Kevin to buy more and he sent her a variety of colors and stickers and to this day I appreciate that gesture more then anything. When it comes to corals hes got a spread thats out beats most shops I've been in in a long time. Between the color spread, price point, and quality of corals you can't get any better. Give him a visit, we'll worth the trip!

OP
OP
FishStixx2

FishStixx2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I start. I met Kevin, the owner of koral craze, a few years back at a Philly spash frag swap. His coral selection has always been top notch in both color and quality! Also he has a variety of 3d printed items that are pretty cool as well. One of Kevin 3d printed key chain my daughter wheres on her lunch box to school everyday. Alittle story about that key chain, my daughter lost the original one when we first got it at the frag swap and I reached out to Kevin to buy more and he sent her a variety of colors and stickers and to this day I appreciate that gesture more then anything. When it comes to corals hes got a spread thats out beats most shops I've been in in a long time. Between the color spread, price point, and quality of corals you can't get any better. Give him a visit, we'll worth the trip!

My kids have em on their bookbags! The last trip I had both my boys, one of whom is only 2. He got out these 3d printed fish that articulate. My boys were entertained the rest of the time! So cool!

Attachments

• 20210208_154838.jpg
    20210208_154838.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 136

livinglucky54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These comments cannot be overstated! Kevin and koral craze is hands down worth every second of your time and if you even remotely enjoy the aquarium hobby you will be wowwed by his setup, corals, fish and a chance to get to talk to the man himself. A true hidden gem! par none. I give it a year until an angel finds this guy and he is international. Truly priceless visit.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back