Korallen-Zucht additives, what’s actually in them?

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manganese is the only element I never could get out of KZ. I still have to dose it with A&K. The price difference is why I switched obviously. A&K is the same thing as the KZ 4 part.
you mean the coral 1-4? this are minerals so it could be the same, but the other products are completly different than the A&K

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you mean the coral 1-4? this are minerals so it could be the same, but the other products are completly different than the A&K
Not according to 4 or 5 different ATI test kits. How exactly would you know? KZ doesn’t list the minerals or trace elements on anything

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not according to 4 or 5 different ATI test kits. How exactly would you know? KZ doesn’t list the minerals or trace elements on anything.

Attachments

• IMG_8627.png
    IMG_8627.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 36

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not according to 4 or 5 different ATI test kits. How exactly would you know? KZ doesn’t list the minerals or trace elements on anything
I can post results if you’d like. Same exact thing.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is listen what is in bottle1-4, in 3 of them they are trace elements wich you coud mesure same as the tropic marin elements. One bottle contains aminos. The other products are different things, icp just mesure trace elements you can not see the other things . So ICP isn't an accurate method to say it is same or not

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is listen what is in bottle1-4, in 3 of them they are trace elements wich you coud mesure same as the tropic marin elements. One bottle contains aminos. The other products are different things, icp just mesure trace elements you can not see the other things . So ICP isn't an accurate method to say it is same or not
Huh? What exactly is the ATI not accurate on?? I can get amino acids a dime a dozen for again a fraction of the price.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh? What exactly is the ATI not accurate on?? I can get amino acids a dime a dozen for again a fraction of the price.
Special carbon sources, other biologically relevant chemicals.

I don't think a standard reef ICP test could tell the difference between sugar, cyanide, and antifreeze for example.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't think a standard reef ICP test could tell the difference between sugar, cyanide, and antifreeze for example.
Why would you add sugar or antifreeze to your reef?

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you add sugar or antifreeze to your reef?
That was just an example, but people did actually add sugar to their reefs for carbon dosing, instead of vodka/vinegar.

Who knows what crazy stuff KZ has in there, If they tried throwing random stuff into experimental tanks until they found something that does positive stuff, there could be all kinds of weird stuff in there.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was just an example, but people did actually add sugar to their reefs for carbon dosing, instead of vodka/vinegar.

Who knows what crazy stuff KZ has in there, If they tried throwing random stuff into experimental tanks until they found something that does positive stuff, there could be all kinds of weird stuff in there.
I’ll stick with A&K. Same results for me and a lot cheaper. Happy reefing!

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

because ati test not mesure aminos or other organic compounds just trace elements. It seems you don't know the difference . and there is a big difference between the organic product from ati and this from zeovit. Pohls tested also extensively many years different products. never see same colors with ati products...

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because ati test not mesure aminos or other organic compounds just trace elements. It seems you don't know the difference . and there is a big difference between the organic product from ati and this from zeovit. Pohls tested also extensively many years different products. never see same colors with ati products...
I do know, I was explaining what they can't measure

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only use the ATI test kits not additives. As I stated in one of my previous comments I used KZ for years now I’m using Tropic Marin A&K exact same test results. All my corals look exactly the same. Both are great products. You can achieve the same results for a fraction of the price. I’ve been doing this for over 25 years. Keep using KZ it’s a great product or products. Tropic Marin for the last couple of years the only difference is I have more money now.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes it is possible to achieve great results without adding aminos... or even trace elements. But with the zeovit method you can achieve results wich are impossible or difficult with other methods. But this depends how you use the zeovit products and wich one you use.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using ZeoVit additives for many times and I've been planning to do exactly what you suggested. In fact, I may be sending out a sample on Monday to ATI. My plan is to test a different product with the RO/DI tube that ATI supplies. At the moment, I'm thinking of adding 2 drops to 500ml RO/DI and work extrapolations from that. I will probably start with MacroElements.
Once I got a few analyzed I was going to start a thread....but I'm all for others "chipping in!"
Maybe you can share it now after years? :) and you could probably not test the organics parts?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back