Korallen-Zucht Amino Acid Concentrate LPS - THOUGHTS??

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Just ordered a bottle from @Bulk Reef Supply and will be receiving it today. Has anyone used it? What is everyone's thoughts? 90% of tank in LPS/Softie.

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've not used it nor do I know anyone that has, but if it's anything like the Coral Boost and Flatworm Stop some of my SPS buddies use I think you'll love it. Only one way to find right right... I've been playing around with the idea of dosing FW Stop for my SPS tank, but I just haven't bit the bullet. Stuff ain't cheap.

OP
BGrand

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
I've not used it nor do I know anyone that has, but if it's anything like the Coral Boost and Flatworm Stop some of my SPS buddies use I think you'll love it. Only one way to find right right... I've been playing around with the idea of dosing FW Stop for my SPS tank, but I just haven't bit the bullet. Stuff ain't cheap.
I figured the same thing. "Only one way to find out". I am going to take pics today before starting it and then monthly to see the change or lack there of. PAR meter should be arriving this week so I will know the light situation. I will monitor the chemistry in the tank to make that stays the same and will not make any changes to the flow.

I will report the results here.

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
I actually tried a trial bottle of this LPS amino acid formula as recommended by my LFS. Didnt notice anything at first but when I increased the dose they responded noticeably well and seemed to be performing great.

But when my trial ran out its like they went through a withdrawal period for a week looking like crap. I switched to Acropower a few weeks later because its a bit more economical, and the coral were further displeased by the switch up, leading me to end dosing altogether.

After the experience I just stuck to no dosing. My advice is stay committed to a regiment and wean off gradually if you decide to quit a product.

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm curious how this compares to other amino acid products.

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm curious how this compares to other amino acid products.
In my situation I can't make a fair comparison b/w Korralen and Acropower, but the LPS formula definitely left an impression on me. Never found out what makes an AA product for LPS vs SPS.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
I use the regular zeovit amino acid supplement. The directions are for broadcast feeding, but I have my pumps off so often to feed my mandarin, that I often feed directly to the corals. It seems like it's more highly concentrated than other brands like brightwell. The dose for the zeovit aminos is a couple of drops, Brighwell is a ML. I agree that most corals respond positively, so I've continued to dose this supplement and think it does increase growth and polyp extension.

DennistheMenace

View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using it for about 3 weeks, and I have observed a noticeable difference in the tissue of my LPS. I broadcast 6 days and add it to my mix for spot feeding 1 day a week. So far so good! It is a little pricey, but the dosage is minimal.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I use it weekly. Seems to work well but what an expensive little bottle !!

Can you run a a successful reef long term without some type of reactor and media?

• Yes

Votes: 100 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 23 16.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!