Korallen-Zucht Amino Acid Concentrate LPS - THOUGHTS??

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a bottle from @Bulk Reef Supply and will be receiving it today. Has anyone used it? What is everyone's thoughts? 90% of tank in LPS/Softie.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not used it nor do I know anyone that has, but if it's anything like the Coral Boost and Flatworm Stop some of my SPS buddies use I think you'll love it. Only one way to find right right... I've been playing around with the idea of dosing FW Stop for my SPS tank, but I just haven't bit the bullet. Stuff ain't cheap.

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not used it nor do I know anyone that has, but if it's anything like the Coral Boost and Flatworm Stop some of my SPS buddies use I think you'll love it. Only one way to find right right... I've been playing around with the idea of dosing FW Stop for my SPS tank, but I just haven't bit the bullet. Stuff ain't cheap.
I figured the same thing. "Only one way to find out". I am going to take pics today before starting it and then monthly to see the change or lack there of. PAR meter should be arriving this week so I will know the light situation. I will monitor the chemistry in the tank to make that stays the same and will not make any changes to the flow.

I will report the results here.

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually tried a trial bottle of this LPS amino acid formula as recommended by my LFS. Didnt notice anything at first but when I increased the dose they responded noticeably well and seemed to be performing great.

But when my trial ran out its like they went through a withdrawal period for a week looking like crap. I switched to Acropower a few weeks later because its a bit more economical, and the coral were further displeased by the switch up, leading me to end dosing altogether.

After the experience I just stuck to no dosing. My advice is stay committed to a regiment and wean off gradually if you decide to quit a product.

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious how this compares to other amino acid products.

In my situation I can't make a fair comparison b/w Korralen and Acropower, but the LPS formula definitely left an impression on me. Never found out what makes an AA product for LPS vs SPS.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the regular zeovit amino acid supplement. The directions are for broadcast feeding, but I have my pumps off so often to feed my mandarin, that I often feed directly to the corals. It seems like it's more highly concentrated than other brands like brightwell. The dose for the zeovit aminos is a couple of drops, Brighwell is a ML. I agree that most corals respond positively, so I've continued to dose this supplement and think it does increase growth and polyp extension.

DennistheMenace

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using it for about 3 weeks, and I have observed a noticeable difference in the tissue of my LPS. I broadcast 6 days and add it to my mix for spot feeding 1 day a week. So far so good! It is a little pricey, but the dosage is minimal.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I use it weekly. Seems to work well but what an expensive little bottle !!

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used KZ after I stopped by one LFS (more so a coral farm) that I visit periodically and was having a few issues with Torches that I had picked up. Ever since I started dosing KZ to my DT I've noticed that the torches are way more extended as well as have meatier bodies. I started dosing every other day and cut back to weekly once the torches were back to the way I expected to see them. I even noticed some significant changes in Scoly's, Trach's, Acan's and Duncan's once I started the dose. Everyone seemed to be more 'fluffed' once I started dosing and have accepted the fact that I cut back. The only ones that seemed to throw a fit about the reduced doses were my Frogspawns and Duncan's. The Frogspawns were ok prior to dosing, but have become a little strange looking since I cut back the dosing. The one LPS that didn't seem to care one way or another are my Hammers.

I'd recommend that everyone with an LPS dominated tank try dosing KZ, but be aware that for some corals will get hooked and get mad like a crack addict when you stop

giphy.gif

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used KZ after I stopped by one LFS (more so a coral farm) that I visit periodically and was having a few issues with Torches that I had picked up. Ever since I started dosing KZ to my DT I've noticed that the torches are way more extended as well as have meatier bodies. I started dosing every other day and cut back to weekly once the torches were back to the way I expected to see them. I even noticed some significant changes in Scoly's, Trach's, Acan's and Duncan's once I started the dose. Everyone seemed to be more 'fluffed' once I started dosing and have accepted the fact that I cut back. The only ones that seemed to throw a fit about the reduced doses were my Frogspawns and Duncan's. The Frogspawns were ok prior to dosing, but have become a little strange looking since I cut back the dosing. The one LPS that didn't seem to care one way or another are my Hammers.

I'd recommend that everyone with an LPS dominated tank try dosing KZ, but be aware that for some corals will get hooked and get mad like a crack addict when you stop

giphy.gif

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately I gave them their first taste for free last week and daily since. Haven’t noticed a big change yet but unfortunately they are probably hooked. I hope to see a change in the next week or two.

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changes mind you were not drastic. I actually had to look back at pictures the misses took to see the difference when it came to size, but overall LPS just seemed more 'open'. One thing to note, I noticed a fallow period in my tank as I used to do monthly water changes prior to KZ, since using it I have to do a weekly or coral start to get fussy.

This may just be because I'm dosing on the high end or just an oddity of being an All-In-One system. I'll note future changes on this thread later as I'm about to start migrating from one salt mix to another, so I can let everyone know how KZ causes coral to react post a salt change (going from AquaVitro Salinity to Tropic Marin Pro)

Also, I figured it's worth noting here, I was previously using Brightwells Amino's in my food soak for spot feeding the coral. I didn't notice a difference with it. Per talking to the LFS, he said something that I initially thought was biased "you're not noticing anything because it's a junk product." I can't say for sure that it's true, but all I can say is that I never noticed anything in 6 months of using it and 2 months of KZ I saw a difference.

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think based on the user experiences so far we can agree that KZ for LPS is a quality product. It may be worth discussing whether it should be dosed long term or treated more as a crutch for weak coral.

OP
OP
BGrand

BGrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to know what is actually in the product, as when I dose it I always get the vinegar smell from it.
That's strange because mine does not smell like vinegar at all.

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's strange because mine does not smell like vinegar at all.

I recall mine having a faint vinegar smell. My phyto feast is the same way. I believe the vinegar is a pH stabilizer to improve shelf life.

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would make sense as a preservative! Not sure why that never came to mind as a lot of manufacturers are doing exactly that. I just wasn't sure if it was also a carbon source for some behind the scenes carbon dosing with the aminos.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using it for a couple months in my LPS tank. The lps defiantly do swell bigger, noticed a little better colors but not much. My colors were good to begin with so you can take that into account.

I just order a new product though as my bottle is almost gone. Its a lot cheaper and is a 5 in one product called Bio-Enhance. The couple reviews I have read were good. Might be looking into.

"Quantum™ Bio-Enhance™ is designed to provide protein, amino acids, fatty acids, carbohydrates & vitamins for enhancing both tissue growth and vitality."

Back