Korallen-Zucht T5 Bulb "Great Barrier Turquoise"

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Great Barrier Turquoise bulbs came today!

It’s very green.

I put 1 bulb in both of my 8 bulb fixtures, so 2 bulbs total.

I tested the turquoise bulbs alone, and they are VERY green. It kind of washed out many of the corals colors, but the Montipora looked fantastic.

When mixed with the other bulbs, the green works perfectly. I can’t wait to see what changes I observe with my yellow acropora!!

It’s my all-time favorite acropora. It’s been a nightmare to color up, and I believe it’s due to lacking in the cyan and green (500nm).

You can see the green bulb mixed in.

IMG_8537.jpeg

This is with only the turquoise.
IMG_8536.jpeg

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just feel like I've hit the wall in regards to coral growth,color and fluorescence with my AI primes on my mixed reef. I increased my UV and violets, but I'm concerned about lense burnout that I've heard can happen with them. I've also increased my light blue, green and red. These increases have been slight, a few %, and are in line with the other ratios. Next week my aqualife T5 hybrid fixture and ATI true actinics should arrive. I going to just run two of the four bulb setup for that violet spectrum at 420 nm and those green and yellow peaks it hits at 550nm and 580nm. These changes and new lights will run during my afternoon hours, after my high noon "white" peak hours. The UV and the fill from the T5's will be the icing on the cake. I hope

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back