Ecotech Marine

Rovert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Just pulled my Korallin reactor from the attic in anticipation of setting it up on my new tank, but need some help getting it all put together again and I think I might be missing some bits and parts. Got a couple questions:
  • Feed Pump: I seem to recall having a feed pump, but can't recall what I used. Can someone recommend a replacement?
  • CO2: Can 'paintball' style CO2 canister be used since I have some space constraints? If so, likewise, a recommendation is appreciated
  • Regulator: I know dual-stage is preferred, does this one seem alright (again, space constraints)? (FZone) or should I go with this one (InkBird)
  • Gas Supply: Does the source of CO2 matter? IOW does having a canister filled at a beverage supplier vs a paintball store make a difference?
Am I missing anything else? Can you spot anything missing from the connectors or other configuration?

Thanks in advance!

20220810_135430.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Rovert

Rovert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Top Shelf Aquatics

SPS2020

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I used a Tom's Luft pump back when I had mine running.

If you can afford it, I'd suggest getting one of the electronic regulator\bubble counter. One version of CarbonDoser has been discontinued, but I think there is another.

Not sure about the small CO2 tank; you may have an issue with the regulator.

Regarding the quality of CO2, you may want to check with the paintball company to see what they use...might be the same thing.

AI Hydra

Is there such a thing as an "easy" acro?

• YES (tell us about it in the thread)

Votes: 110 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 55 22.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 78 31.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.2%
JASON FOX SIGNATURE CORALS