Kordon rapid cure + Microbe-Lift Herbtana treatment

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Can I use Kordon rapid cure and Microbe-Lift Herbtana at the same time??
it seems there is no copper in rapid cure, and Microbe-Lift Herbtana cant go togher with any copper based dosage.
what I want to do is try to get rid of the white spots from the fish, and use herbtana to build up strong slim coating for the fish.
not sure if it will work, anyone has any experience??

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
Can I use Kordon rapid cure and Microbe-Lift Herbtana at the same time??
it seems there is no copper in rapid cure, and Microbe-Lift Herbtana cant go togher with any copper based dosage.
what I want to do is try to get rid of the white spots from the fish, and use herbtana to build up strong slim coating for the fish.
not sure if it will work, anyone has any experience??
I’ve been waiting to see if anyone else chimes in here. I have not used these two products as they are not in my formulary of medications. The kordon product has malachite green in it, and that doesn’t work really well on marine fish. The other product isn’t a true medication, it is just a tonic.
What disease are you trying to control?
Jay

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microbe- Lift:
Do not use with any other medications or treatments
Do not use with any algaecides or copper based products

While Kordon has : ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Triethylene Glycol, Polyvinylpyrrolidone K-29, and Malachite Green.
I dont know if any will react with Microbe-Lift

OP
OP
E

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been waiting to see if anyone else chimes in here. I have not used these two products as they are not in my formulary of medications. The kordon product has malachite green in it, and that doesn’t work really well on marine fish. The other product isn’t a true medication, it is just a tonic.
What disease are you trying to control?
Jay
it's ich I am trying to dealing with. I tried coppersafe, it stopped spreading the diease. but the achellies tang who had it, never got rid of the whitespots completely, and I lost it after 2 weeks coppersafe treatment. other tangs stayed very well.
So I changed to ripd cure in another qt, because a purple tang came with whitespot, it did reduced the amount of spots on day 3 first treatment, than I stopped use rapid cure as instructed. but after 3 days of the first rapid cure treatment, the purple tang got more whitspots again. I am not sure if 3 days dosage of it can really kill ich, as the lifecycle of the diease seems a lot longer than 3 days.
that is why I am thinking about adding herbtana to help the fish to boost the immue system....

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you have 2 qt tanks have you thought about using Humblefish 36hr TTM ?
Takes 2 weeks but works.

OP
OP
E

Enkopaaisen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you have 2 qt tanks have you thought about using Humblefish 36hr TTM ?
Takes 2 weeks but works.
I am bit concerned the catching/ reloacating stress on the fish.... I have mainly tangs. some of them are two sensitve....

kevmorr90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you have luck with rapid cure. I’ve used kick-ich for two weeks and my fish still have it. Then switched to api ich treatment for one treatment still no luck. But all my fish are happy and eating

kevmorr90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have clowns/naso/sailfin tang/blue tang/valentini puffer/fox face/Diamond goby/watchmen goby/fire fish/royal gramma/ 4 stripped/blue green chromis/ filefish. Any of these guys good with this stuff ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have clowns/naso/sailfin tang/blue tang/valentini puffer/fox face/Diamond goby/watchmen goby/fire fish/royal gramma/ 4 stripped/blue green chromis/ filefish. Any of these guys good with this stuff ?

While they will likely tolerate those medications, what are you trying to treat? there are much better medications available than those.

Jay

kevmorr90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich, It’s been in my tank for over a month. I’ve done several different treatments and it keeps coming back. My heniochus butterfly passed away this morning. So yesterday I finally put in coppersafe , after trying to prevent putting in copper but I think I was too late. How effective is this treatment so my fish can start getting better

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich, It’s been in my tank for over a month. I’ve done several different treatments and it keeps coming back. My heniochus butterfly passed away this morning. So yesterday I finally put in coppersafe , after trying to prevent putting in copper but I think I was too late. How effective is this treatment so my fish can start getting better

Coppersafe works very well at 2.25 to 2.5 ppm. However, it takes up to three days to begin to work. Once fish have begun dying, the clock is ticking for them.

If you can post a video of the fish, I might be able to give you some estimation as to how they will fare under the copper treatment.

Jay

kevmorr90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coppersafe works very well at 2.25 to 2.5 ppm. However, it takes up to three days to begin to work. Once fish have begun dying, the clock is ticking for them.

If you can post a video of the fish, I might be able to give you some estimation as to how they will fare under the copper treatment.

Jay

Attachments

• IMG_5887.mov
    84.7 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish don’t look too bad (yet).
However, you are going to have a challenge dosing that tank with copper in that it is going to absorb/adsorb onto the rock and sand. It is doable - but you will need to test the copper level every few days and add partial copper doses to bring it back into range.

Jay

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back