Kp dry rock

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at rock for my build. My original plan was salty bottom but they are not shipping right now. Then I have been looking at ARC reef rock. Finally found kp dry rock.
Is kp dry rock made of limestone. Is it good rock? It's the cheapest.
Next on the list would be arc reek rock love they add acrylic rods but I get 30 less lbs.
Then I could wait for salty bottom and just order from there thoughts?
I'm planning 90lbs dry and around 30lbs live rock and rubble rock. I want to start scaping the dry while I finish my setup.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used their dry but I highly recommend KP aquatics aquacultured live rock. IMO even if you go mostly dry a small batch of their live rock to seed your tank can be extremely beneficial.

OP
OP
WvAquatics

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used their dry but I highly recommend KP aquatics aquacultured live rock. IMO even if you go mostly dry a small batch of their live rock to seed your tank can be extremely beneficial.
Yes I am planning to get a good aquascape with dry base rock since live rock is hard to stack. Then top off the scape with live rock and live rock in fuge. Was also going to get some live rubble rock to help with small cracks of the scape. I am just not sure if limestone is as good as calcium carbonate. I know they are about the same just structure is different and don't want to save money for subpare product. But 30 more pounds for the same price.

OP
OP
WvAquatics

WvAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upon hours of research. Kp aquatics dry rock is the same rock they use for their live rock. And everyone loves the live rock. So 90lbs dry from kp getting ordered today. Sand wave pumps and my exotic marine overflow to finally ship.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back