Kriesel tank for dwarf seahorses?

Starfishandseahorse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya!

I have a 15 gallon kreisel tank that I bought from liveaquaria a few years ago that up until now I have used for moon jellyfish. They lived their normal lifespan and now I have this empty tank and I’m wondering what else I could put in it? The tank is fully cycled and has live rock and filter media in the hollow area between the walls and the inside of the tank. the lighting is nothing special, just various colors of gently LEDs.

I have a massive 300 gallon Red Sea that takes up an entire wall in my living room that is my beloved reef tank. I don’t have fish or critters in it, coral exclusive- mixed reef. My corals are my darlings so I haven’t wanted to put anything in the tank that might start messing with them, and many of the gentle critters I am interested in could be hurt by my corals

now that I have this empty kreisel all I’m thinking maybe I could use it for something like dwarf seahorses? The flow is circular but very gentle and there’s nothing in the tank that could harm them. The intake overflow are both in the top of the tank. It’s basically as baby-proofed as a tank could possibly be. I was thinking maybe I could put some saltwater safe artificial plants in it for hitches…
Would they be able to live safely
I’m a kreisel?
Thanks everyone
FED15D81-4534-4C3E-B7DE-4E11044474C9.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice tank! It would seem that, along with seahorses, many types of fry would benefit from this setup.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Agree- ideal seahorse tank

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slightly tangent to the topic but I’ve been reluctantly using the concentrated
Reef Nutrition

Phyto-Feast Concentrate (32 oz) - Reef Nutrition,​

maybe try your bbs on this a few days before feeding ….

Why "reluctantly"? Our phytoplankton blend is great for many filter-feeding inverts.

By the way, great recommendation for feeding and enriching brine shrimp with our highly concentrated phytoplankton. Thanks for that.

-Chad

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why "reluctantly"? Our phytoplankton blend is great for many filter-feeding inverts.

By the way, great recommendation for feeding and enriching brine shrimp with our highly concentrated phytoplankton. Thanks for that.

-Chad
LOL, oh nothing wrong with your product, just more margin for error with. the live stuff. But I’ve gotten lazy and it’s easier to feed the concentrate and keep an eye on culture water… Haven’t had a hatch of fry yet to judge any nutritional differences

RedfishReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya!

I have a 15 gallon kreisel tank that I bought from liveaquaria a few years ago that up until now I have used for moon jellyfish. They lived their normal lifespan and now I have this empty tank and I’m wondering what else I could put in it? The tank is fully cycled and has live rock and filter media in the hollow area between the walls and the inside of the tank. the lighting is nothing special, just various colors of gently LEDs.

I have a massive 300 gallon Red Sea that takes up an entire wall in my living room that is my beloved reef tank. I don’t have fish or critters in it, coral exclusive- mixed reef. My corals are my darlings so I haven’t wanted to put anything in the tank that might start messing with them, and many of the gentle critters I am interested in could be hurt by my corals

now that I have this empty kreisel all I’m thinking maybe I could use it for something like dwarf seahorses? The flow is circular but very gentle and there’s nothing in the tank that could harm them. The intake overflow are both in the top of the tank. It’s basically as baby-proofed as a tank could possibly be. I was thinking maybe I could put some saltwater safe artificial plants in it for hitches…
Would they be able to live safely
I’m a kreisel?
Thanks everyone
FED15D81-4534-4C3E-B7DE-4E11044474C9.jpeg
I feel bad for that huge 300 gallon that is empty! I heard that fish are great for corals as they keep them clean and eat some parasites that might harm the corals. Get the right fish and you won't have any problems with them hurting the corals.

Also is there a reason you don't want more jellyfish? I am thinking of doing the same thing and would like to know your experience from going through the life cycle of your jellyfish.

Back