• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Dynamite Chalice Frag Pack Grow Out

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update, its unfortunate you got them so late. Thank you for taking them, no bad feelings towards Jerwin though. Things happen.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

Rayzback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same...still worried about the one cause it has a spec of flesh, but everybody else is cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rayzback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 2 of them last week.. well, one from each GO. Just a bit of reef chili, keeping it small. I assume the pm of the pics was passed around.

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will see about getting pics with Ray this weekend.

Dynamite (bad shape Rayzback tank) Still alive
Orenji (bad shape Rayzback tank)
Bahama Mama (bad shape Rayzback tank) Still alive
Doomsday ( bad shape)
Tyree Volcano (bad shape Rayzback tank) Still alive
Kratos (bad shape)
Oc Sunset (Skeleton)

I am checking with Ray to see about moving the other couple to his tank.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These grow outs are just a horrible idea. Sorry to hear all that invested their hard earned money.

I couldn't agree more ^ what a waste!!

Their should have been some sort of experience screening for the grower so everyone could agree! This is a hot mess and not gonna end well by the looks of it.

I have been around this hobby for over 14 years and I wouldn't trust may people to grow out my cash!!

Rayzback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, sorry guys. I was busy seeing my family off to Florida for spring break this weekend, whileI stay behind to take care of things. I'll be sure to get some this week. No significant growth since the last pics (http://raynkim.com/reef/chalicerescue/) (2/24/2013),but at week 5(?) the ones I have are still alive. The 5 that arrived at my place with so little flesh that a few grains of sand could cover them up are still pretty critical imo, but there is still flesh there... the Volcano is still the worst. I dropped a frag rack in the display just to keep the substrate away. The 3 others appear to be headed in the other direction. The Inferno is getting some color other then green. I was actually able to feed KTar - Dynamite and JKR - Fire Balla twice now. I removedthem temporarily to a separate container to feed them.. once with Reef Chilli and once with Rods Eggs, then returned them to the DT. I feel pretty positive about the ones feeding, just a waiting game on the others.

Last edited:

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the dynamite and Bahama mama pulls through I'll be more than happy. That's the two I really wanted anyway. The inferno would he a huge plus too. So how many are actually left for the ktar grow out? Just those in the pics?

Rayzback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those in the pics are the ones Jerwin has moved to my tank. I take progress pics of almost all my corals, so I'll work these into the rotation. I don't know the status of the others, sorry.

Rayzback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for all the hard work rays, i know how hard it is to be the grower sometimes.... thanks again bud!

Thanks. The most challenging pieces I had so far. Still hoping for the best. The tank is doing great... and I don't have plans to add to much else anytime soon. Pretty selective on the pieces I want. Well, I will have a Mystic Monti in two more weeks... and I'm looking for the right Hawkins Echinata also.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back