• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ktar's Dynamite Chalice Frag Pack Grow Out

jerwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I know Ray and I have been working a lot. I will try to get over to his house this weekend and see about getting some pics. I believe ray said things are about the same but still alive. I see what I can do get you guys an update. My frag tank is doing better now after the rebuild and cleaning it. I have some personal chalices in it and seems to be doing better.

Dynamite (bad shape Rayzback tank) Still alive

Orenji (bad shape Rayzback tank)
Bahama Mama (bad shape Rayzback tank) Still alive
Doomsday (Skeleton)
Tyree Volcano (bad shape Rayzback tank) Still alive
Kratos (Skeleton)
Oc Sunset (Skeleton)

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a shame.

All chalices looked good and were very healthy until one unlucky day that caused thousands of dollars and multiple beautiful animals to perish.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just a tad bit rediculous. We all have a lot of money involved in this and we can't get anyone to fess up about what happened. I'm OK if we lost it all, things happen. What I'm not OK about is the lack of communication once things went south. Loosing money is one thing, but when someone doesn't have the fortitude to let you know, it really makes it worse. I for one have learned my lesson. Unfortunately, you can't trust people anymore because of a lack of personal responsibility. I'm sorry if I overstepped what should have been said, however I believe nothing has been commented outside of allowable conversation for this forum.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ray is a standup guy - he hasn't said anything about them dying. So I'm certain that is he is still diligently hand feeding each chalice meticulously every chance he gets (nearly daily).

I sent him a text of this thread so he can reply once he sees your guys concerns. I'm not sure about any of the other chalices though.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray is a standup guy - he hasn't said anything about them dying. So I'm certain that is he is still diligently hand feeding each chalice meticulously every chance he gets (nearly daily).

I sent him a text of this thread so he can reply once he sees your guys concerns. I'm not sure about any of the other chalices though.

Thank you, all were looking for here is a little communication.

SloppyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1 I know Ray as well. Honestly, I couldn't think of a better guy I'd ask to watch my most prized coral. He's on vacation right now but we will make sure he gets the message and hopefully he will respond.

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I know Ray as well. Honestly, I couldn't think of a better guy I'd ask to watch my most prized coral. He's on vacation right now but we will make sure he gets the message and hopefully he will respond.

+1 as well. He has been taking the chalices and hand feeding them each daily. Ray is a great guy. I haven't seem the chalices in a while so I can't say their current condition or anything. When he gets back I'll see about going and getting an update for you guys. Sorry about the lack of communication. I know not getting updates in a grow out is rough.

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last I heard from Ray, about two weeks ago, there were alive chalices. Being two grow outs I'm not sure exactly which ones and didn't get any names. As far as he told me he feeds one chalice every day, the ones that will eat, and rotates between them each day. I have yet to see any of them, but I have seen Rays tank. He has the cleanest tank I've seen, and they definitely have a chance being in his tank. He has said they are hard to feed being so small but drops one Rods Fish Egg on each mouth. Some are taking them better than others and that's the smallest thing he's able to feed them for their size as far as I know. Hope this helps, and I do know not all of them are dead. Just not sure which ones.

jtomasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny how he can spend soo much time "hand feeding daily" and can't find a second to update the thread? I have no chalice or money in this but I am calling BS!

Say all you want about how he is a great guy, maybe he is, I don't know him , but what he has shown post tank crash is NOT what I would consider a stand up guy to do.

Last edited:

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input. The tank that crashed is the grower. Ray is a local (to us) that took on the chalices and has babies the crap out of them.

Ray is not the grower and in my opinion owes nobody an explanation. That should be taken up with the original grower.

None of what we have said is BS :)

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Funny how he can spend soo much time "hand feeding daily" and can't find a second to update the thread? I have no chalice or money in this but I am calling BS!

Say all you want about how he is a great guy, maybe he is, I don't know him , but what he has shown post tank crash is NOT what I would consider a stand up guy to do.

Did you even read the thread? Ray is doing these guys a monster favor keeping these specs of chalices alive.

banzai75x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that the original grower (Jerwin) should try to still communicate and update the thread accordingly. Although most of the chalices are now with Ray, I would think there should still be something from the original grower. Also not sure but I think Jerwin still has 1 or 2 chalices in his tank. I don't remember if they were from this growout or the Joe Knows Reef growout but I know he had mentioned he kept 1 or 2.

always reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you even read the thread? Ray is doing these guys a monster favor keeping these specs of chalices alive.
doesn't matter, he should be communicating with the group...period! especially if hes such a stand up guy. haven't these guys been through enough. come on

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back