KZ vs Red Sea Reef Energy

Mike T IL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing the KZ Coral System (1,2,3,4) for a year now. Recently been watching some videos and many say that in addition to the KZ Coral System that you should also use:
  • KZ Coral Booster
  • KZ Pohl's Coral Vitalizer
  • KZ Pohl's Xtra Concentrate
  • KZ Amino Acids
  • KZ Coral Snow
Can anyone tell me if these are worth it or if there are other alternatives that produce similar results? I want to provide the best nutrition for my mixed reef corals that help with growth, color, and health. What about Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ plus? I see a lot of positive posts about Red Sea Reef Energy and it is much cheaper than KZ. Could I switch out my KZ with Red Sea or should I do some type of mix and match?

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had used Red Sea AB almost two years ago and didn't see any difference from before I started.

Back in March I bought the following: I use Coral Booster and Xtra. Xtra has amino acids in it so I wouldn't use Amino Acids too. I also use Flatworm Start. I have never had flatworms but it helped with the health of my SPS. I see a big difference in my SPSs in growth and color. I can't use Coral Snow since I am dosing phosphates

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back