LA guarantee now 7 days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI, I was looking at some fish today at LA and noticed it now says a 7 day guarantee. It appears to have just been updated today.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why you're all hating on them. Diver's Den fish have always been spot on. I have a tank dedicated to Diver's Den fish and it's completely healthy/disease free. What other companies can provide a better guarantee?
Over the years I have got ich, velvet, and the wrong fish from Divers Den on separate occasions.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember they had a fish up there with an isopod on it.

They don’t hold the fish long enough or treat them all at therapeutic levels to call them disease free and they tell you to QT them. Divers den fish are more like conditioned fish than QT fish.

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just saw the change while posting an online claim today lol. it was appreciated while it lasted. it was one of their stand-out hallmarks imo.

Reeffraff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the years I have got ich, velvet, and the wrong fish from Divers Den on separate occasions.

Likewise. DD fish should, under no circumstances be considered disease free. They are conditioned to accept prepared foods but not held/treated long enough to be considered 'quarantined'.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likewise. DD fish should, under no circumstances be considered disease free. They are conditioned to accept prepared foods but not held/treated long enough to be considered 'quarantined'.
X2

david613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just saw it myself called them they said that any orders paced as of friday are 7 day at their prices not worth it find a 14 day vender

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harry’s Marine life does a 7 day guarantee on most fish and are a fraction of DD’s price. They don’t QT but it’s a no brainer if you have a solid QT procedure.

Jowieg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harry’s Marine life does a 7 day guarantee on most fish and are a fraction of DD’s price. They don’t QT but it’s a no brainer if you have a solid QT procedure.
Do you know which online vendors have a solid QT procedure? I am looking for QT fish and read on Harry’s Marine life webpage they do pre-QT for about 7 days.

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know which online vendors have a solid QT procedure? I am looking for QT fish and read on Harry’s Marine life webpage they do pre-QT for about 7 days.
They really don’t have any type of reliable QT process yet, although I understand that they are working on building out a system out. They say that they hold fish for 1 week in copper before selling, but that really isn’t much. My understanding is that they have a 1 week guarantee, same as DD. This is attractive to me.

In my opinion, if you have a solid QT protocol, it’s definitely worth the gamble since their prices are so good, especially during their live sales. I’ve been waiting for a White Tail Bristle-tooth Tang that I ordered. There were some snafus with that order, so I’ll let you know how it works out when I get it. Their next shipment should arrive 1/27.

Jowieg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They really don’t have any type of reliable QT process yet, although I understand that they are working on building out a system out. They say that they hold fish for 1 week in copper before selling, but that really isn’t much. My understanding is that they have a 1 week guarantee, same as DD. This is attractive to me.

In my opinion, if you have a solid QT protocol, it’s definitely worth the gamble since their prices are so good, especially during their live sales. I’ve been waiting for a White Tail Bristle-tooth Tang that I ordered. There were some snafus with that order, so I’ll let you know how it works out when I get it. Their next shipment should arrive 1/27.
Great information. Thank you!

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why you're all hating on them. Diver's Den fish have always been spot on. I have a tank dedicated to Diver's Den fish and it's completely healthy/disease free. What other companies can provide a better guarantee?
My experience vastly differs form your assessment. And DD fish are about as disease free as the ones from my local store and most definitely not quarantined, let alone quarantined to my standards (60 days minimum).
Just yesterday I received a moribund Fine-spotted Marine Betta from Diver's Den that didn't even made it through the night. See here:

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience vastly differs form your assessment. And DD fish are about as disease free as the ones from my local store and most definitely not quarantined, let alone quarantined to my standards (60 days minimum).
Just yesterday I received a moribund Fine-spotted Marine Betta from Diver's Den that didn't even made it through the night. See here:
That's horrible.

Granted, the last time I ordered from them they were still owned by Petco, but I can't imagine that would have changed their procedures. Since posting this originally, I've seen their prices skyrocket for almost every fish. I'm appalled by what they sent you. It's never good to lose a fish, but to see it be delivered in this condition is horrible. I ordered 1 fish from their California site and it came in similar condition as the one you posted, which is why I've only ordered from DD since. I started using TSM Aquatics recently almost solely now. Every fish from them has been in awesome condition. One of the fish they sent me came in around 68-70 degrees and still started eating within a day. That just goes to show you that they're a step above many.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back