Lagoon Frags Let's Crowd Source Again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those top 2 I don't mind! I consider blue my favorite color, but most blue backgrounds don't do it for me. I could see me using one of those top 2 though.

Not sure how possible that is though!
5784D616-89ED-490D-B03B-2AFB4CB0C1C2.jpeg

This is our standard blue

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those top 2 I don't mind! I consider blue my favorite color, but most blue backgrounds don't do it for me. I could see me using one of those top 2 though.

Not sure how possible that is though!
I feel the same way. I think the low saturation of the top 2 is what does it for me, I almost feel like a grey could work!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5784D616-89ED-490D-B03B-2AFB4CB0C1C2.jpeg

This is our standard blue

The render doesn't do it justice I'm sure. The darker blues look good. That light blue just reminds me of the store! I don't want to feel like I'm looking at the pet store tank sitting in my living room!

Plus the wife says black.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife would get behind grey... That's basically my house..

That and maybe call it a "Farm-House" tank. She would definitely be behind that.. I get a tank, she thinks she's getting "Farm- House" decor. It's a win win, until she sees inside the box!!!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That and maybe call it a "Farm-House" tank. She would definitely be behind that.. I get a tank, she thinks she's getting "Farm- House" decor. It's a win win, until she sees inside the box!!!
I've lived my whole life on a farm, still do, and I find it hilarious when people decorate their houses like 'farm houses'! A 'farm house' is the house of a farmer, often creamy yellow or minty green (rarely white) with horizontal slat siding, typically a pretty rustic, wooden interior (No whitewashed dining tables here!). Batten-on-board siding is reserved for barns, not houses. Super funny to see the trend as it evolves xD
I've got no problem with one or two farm houses, but in my area it's rare to find anything other than a farmhouse! They are pretty but boy do they get old xD
forgive my tangent. My family has been discussing this a lot lately xD

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The render doesn't do it justice I'm sure. The darker blues look good. That light blue just reminds me of the store! I don't want to feel like I'm looking at the pet store tank sitting in my living room!

Plus the wife says black.
The light blue is not very popular

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've lived my whole life on a farm, still do, and I find it hilarious when people decorate their houses like 'farm houses'! A 'farm house' is the house of a farmer, often creamy yellow or minty green (rarely white) with horizontal slat siding, typically a pretty rustic, wooden interior (No whitewashed dining tables here!). Batten-on-board siding is reserved for barns, not houses. Super funny to see the trend as it evolves xD
I've got no problem with one or two farm houses, but in my area it's rare to find anything other than a farmhouse! They are pretty but boy do they get old xD
forgive my tangent. My family has been discussing this a lot lately xD

Hahaha no offense taken! I just sit back and let her do her thing, but I totally get where your coming from. I grew up in rural Ohio so plenty of farms and farm houses. Not at all like the designer trends you see.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about heights? We offer everything from 6 inch low boys, 8 10and 12

Personally other than for show tanks I think 6" is to small.

My current frag is at 12"

I can see the 10-16" range being the sweet spot. I have my current frag layered with the egg crate so I can have some SPS higher. I also use a magnetic frag rack to keep some up higher as well.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, 6-8 inches is the sweet spot for frag swap/travel tanks. 10 is about as tall as I'd go for an at home frag tank.

Agree about the frag swap/show tanks. I should have clarified my post further.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back