Lagoon Frags Let's Crowd Source Again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume there’d be more than just the 3 or 4 limited options like the first post seemed to indicate? I personally would never buy a tank that shallow, I’m more of a 12-16” preference for height.

ETA: but I don’t sell at shows

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would assume there’d be more than just the 3 or 4 limited options like the first post seemed to indicate? I personally would never buy a tank that shallow, I’m more of a 12-16” preference for height.

My mistake I thought you were referring to the images above.

My understanding is there are other sizes, but I'm mot sure if they have eurobracing or not on those.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We are not known to limit the options. Kidding aside, this is the first go round. These are only for breakdown portables. Lots more coming

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mistake I thought you were referring to the images above.

My understanding is there are other sizes, but I'm mot sure if they have eurobracing or not on those.
Some of the bigger sizes will be braced. The 72 inch on up to the 120's

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some quick Preliminary renders. The tank will have a perimeter top. No Eurobrace. AIO cover will be included. The return will probably be moved to the short wall since it will have dual loc-lines, one flared, one round nozzle.

11.jpg

The final version stand will have rounded front corners a more net size dimensions to match the tank.

22.jpg

The AIO will be a full 5 inches wide. All three chambers will also be 5 inches long. The exception is the 30 inch where chambers middle and right be 6 inches long to prevent possible interference with a bracket mount light.

33.jpg

Simple three piece design.

Clear acrylic going to be the standard for the bottoms?

Will black be an option if not?

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look great! Just a thought and it may have been an oversight on my end, do you sell a plumbing kit for the tanks that are not AIO? I have been looking for a smaller tank(somewhere around 24”x24”) that I would like to plumb to a sump but I have no experience in in hard plumbing a tank from scratch like this. Something that includes all the plumbing pieces needed maybe?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How cheaply can you do a 48x24x10 nothing fancy, just a box? This would be a direct alternative to the classic 50G lowboy glass tank. If the price is reasonable, I think there would be a good market.

The 48x24x6 30G is $390 and the 48x20x8 33G bowfront is 295, why is the bowfront so much cheaper? I think it's the closest I can find to a 48x24x10.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How cheaply can you do a 48x24x10 nothing fancy, just a box? This would be a direct alternative to the classic 50G lowboy glass tank. If the price is reasonable, I think there would be a good market.

The 48x24x6 30G is $390 and the 48x20x8 33G bowfront is 295, why is the bowfront so much cheaper? I think it's the closest I can find to a 48x24x10.
Our prices include shipping. That little bit extra on the 48x24x6 is all additional shipping. This is the next collection we are working on. The size you mention is already available. I mentioned a while back we are going to use more photos instead of just renders. Our graphic design staff received the new photo gear last week and new pics are coming. We also are working on complete setups including aluminum stands, light mounts, racks, pointers, viewers. Everything. Here's a sketch of the proposed light mounts. All aluminum. Also going to be on the regular setups

598A65BC-2481-4B17-9ED2-321B1AE36B78.jpeg

Blue is the aluminum stand
Red is the light mount
Green is the light

8B0FEC12-246F-451E-8613-48222602AECA.jpeg

Peninsula version

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look great! Just a thought and it may have been an oversight on my end, do you sell a plumbing kit for the tanks that are not AIO? I have been looking for a smaller tank(somewhere around 24”x24”) that I would like to plumb to a sump but I have no experience in in hard plumbing a tank from scratch like this. Something that includes all the plumbing pieces needed maybe?
This is a good idea.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our prices include shipping. That little bit extra on the 48x24x6 is all additional shipping. This is the next collection we are working on. The size you mention is already available.

48x24x10 is currently available or available in the next collection you are working on? I didn't see it when I looked on the site but may have just missed it.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48x24x10 is currently available or available in the next collection you are working on? I didn't see it when I looked on the site but may have just missed it.
Looks like they took it down for now, They are working on the listings. Black bottom option looks like that is not showing. They should have them up in a few days,

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a 24x24x10 or 24x24x12 with with a overflow are the perfect size for lots of people wanting to plump it in to their existing systems.
A single 1/2 in return not located in the overflow but on the tank itself would be plenty if you did a herbie style over flow using 3/4 bulkheads.
This is my number one plan right now for my aquarium is to add this exact size tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 118 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back