• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Large 3"+ Japanese Pink Nephtheas

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm selling 5 different frags of my japanese pink nephtheas. I originally got a frag from a local reefer here as a "Koji Wada" japanese pink nephthea. I'm reluctant to sell these frags because the mother colony is one of my favorite corals of all time and I HAD to cut it because it grew way too large. I actually have to cut it again soon because it's almost in the path of the Nero pump. People who see my tank always say "WOW" when they see the 11 inch high colony.

All of these pieces were cut back in January of this year and have been growing on this rack since then. The smallest piece on the left is 3.5" extended depending on the time of day/flow cycle and my biggest piece is 4.25-4.5" tall.

Local curbside pickup only in the San Gabriel Valley, California. Not interested in shipping. My prices are relatively low for this size of frags because I keep seeing threads of this coral being "rare" + I want local reefers to experience this. Not interested in trades unless it's a hellfire torch or dragon soul torch.

A - $85 about 4". Notice the multitude of tiny branches coming off the trunk.
A.jpg

B - $100 - my largest piece w/ 2 main big branches
B.jpg

C - $80
D - $90
E - $70
C.jpg

Looks like I messed up my first "selling post" and didn't put the California prefix. Located in San Gabriel Valley, SoCal

Last edited:

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm selling 5 different frags of my japanese pink nephtheas. I originally got a frag from a local reefer here as a "Koji Wada" japanese pink nephthea. I'm reluctant to sell these frags because the mother colony is one of my favorite corals of all time and I HAD to cut it because it grew way too large. I actually have to cut it again soon because it's almost in the path of the Nero pump. People who see my tank always say "WOW" when they see the 11 inch high colony.

All of these pieces were cut back in January of this year and have been growing on this rack since then. The smallest piece on the left is 3.5" extended depending on the time of day/flow cycle and my biggest piece is 4.25-4.5" tall.

Local curbside pickup only in the San Gabriel Valley, California. Not interested in shipping. My prices are relatively low for this size of frags because I keep seeing threads of this coral being "rare" + I want local reefers to experience this. Not interested in trades unless it's a hellfire torch or dragon soul torch.

A - $85 about 4". Notice the multitude of tiny branches coming off the trunk.
A.jpg

B - $100 - my largest piece w/ 2 main big branches
B.jpg

C - $80
D - $90
E - $70
C.jpg

Looks like I messed up my first "selling post" and didn't put the California prefix. Located in San Gabriel Valley, SoCal
Pm’d, I’m local!

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikereefing

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A and E are currently pending.

No sorry I don't ship unfortunately. Cash only or only open to trade for dragon soul or hellfire torch.

Flyin High

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you don’t mind me asking, but how did you get them to attach to the frag plugs? I have a huge colony that I’ve never fragged that is taking over my tank. Thanks

OP
OP
mikereefing

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All remaining frags are pending. Thanks!

To answer your question, I made "cages" using zip ties to hold them down to the plugs and placed them in low flow for about 3 weeks to make sure they stayed put. There's also a video somewhere that used the toothpick method that works as well.

OP
OP
mikereefing

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B is available. Unfortunately I can only do pickup today (Thursday) or this upcoming Monday if anyone is located locally. PM me if interested. Thanks everyone for all the interest. Maybe in half a year when I have more chunky colonies I'll figure out a way to ship these.

OP
OP
mikereefing

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last bump for frag B available for pickup tomorrow. Thanks for the interest for shipping but unable to do that right now.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%

Back