• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Large external skimmer

Lillken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a deltec 3070 that will do a great job looking for 1000 it’s 2800 new

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried local clubs, Facebook market,Craigslist? It’s cost so much to ship a big external skimmer.

OP
OP
JMM744

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the replies. At the moment I can’t make up my mind what to do. I have a great offer for a new skimmer and am leaning that way just for the warranty it comes with.
As far as shipping, it’s not that complicated, take the skimmer apart and pack all motor electronics separate in appropriate box. Pack all plumbing , well wrapped , inside skimmer body that is disassembled too. Sometimes you can get the size greatly reduced this way. Shipping freight can be much cheaper as well if you want to ship it intact. I know shipping is a pain and can be expensive but it’s still cheaper then going and picking it up. We have just gotten spoiled by all the places that offer free shipping. Remember it’s not free though, it’s figured into the product price and they usually get a reduced price due to the volume they ship.
Thanks again for the offers,
Jim

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back