Large Magnetics, These are not available often.

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry all sold,

I have a few smalls left in the March Magnetics Thread. That will be it for a few weeks at least.

Scott
Alternative Reef,llc

Last edited:
OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Updated thread with what is still available. Some real nice pieces. I probably will not have these on the schedule to be made for at least another month. Have to make smalls and a lot of our small holders are just about out of stock. So I have to work on those before I even think about making a batch of these again. Again, large magnetics are no longer a stock item. I will not guarantee I have them all the time. So if you want one I am suggesting you jump on these. I am not even sure I am bringing any to RAP in June.

Scott
Alternative Reef,llc

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice Scott!

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Only three pieces left.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Scott club member who saw my pieces txted mye yesterday and said he picked one up.:)

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Scott club member who saw my pieces txted mye yesterday and said he picked one up.:)

That is usually how most of these get sold. The pictures I put up are so bad that most of my buyers either have one already or know someone that does and knows what my work looks like in person. I would be willing to be most people that purchase one end up buying multiple frag racks because they like these so much.

Scott

Alternative Reef,llc

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, I have 2 of your smaller ones already and I love them. It gives me extra room to put corals in a part of the tank that usually would just be empty. I just posted pictures of my tank on a local forum and I've had multiple people asking about what the shelves were and stating that they liked the extra dimension it gave the tank.

Here's the FTS from yesterday. You can see the two shelves on either side of the back wall.

Last edited:

cchsoracle

View Badges
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you ever do anything like that power shelf but in a smaller variety? I am looking for something like that, but with a max length of around 10". Also, I plan on putting it on my back wall, but it is an AIO. Therefore, there are some glass baffles behind the wall that I will have to deal with. If I were to give you an idea of where they were, could you do something custom so that the magnet does not end up being where one of the baffles is?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Scoot makes them up him self. An they have been tested out in the tank for a while to make sure they don't cause any problems.Scott I am sure you will get more sells out of my club for sure as everyone sees my tank and Larry's tanks.:)

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you ever do anything like that power shelf but in a smaller variety? I am looking for something like that, but with a max length of around 10". Also, I plan on putting it on my back wall, but it is an AIO. Therefore, there are some glass baffles behind the wall that I will have to deal with. If I were to give you an idea of where they were, could you do something custom so that the magnet does not end up being where one of the baffles is?
We do offer custom work but only when time allows. Your best bet is to send us an e-mail [email protected] with a description of what you want built with pictures or drawings if available. I then try to make it look as cool as I can and still fit into your parameters.

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Are these complete constructed? or do you use dead corals? They look incredibly natural.
Thanks, we have been sculpting aquaecapes in the hobby for about ten years now, eventually we have gotten pretty good at it. No dead corals are used in making these. We do have some textures on different products that we used coral skeletons to help texture but they are ceramic. Hand sculpted and made to be different. No molds are used to make these so no two ceramic structures will ever be the same.

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Scoot makes them up him self. An they have been tested out in the tank for a while to make sure they don't cause any problems.Scott I am sure you will get more sells out of my club for sure as everyone sees my tank and Larry's tanks.:)

I have to make more here in a few weeks when I get caught up with the rest of our products. I have put so much time into the new branching frag holders that I have to step back and work on some of the inventories that have gotten low.

OP
gooch

gooch

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You branching frag holder is really nice.

Thanks, we displayed a few of them at RAP in Orlando a few weeks ago and had some very positive conversations about them.

Scott
Alternative Reef

dodgerblew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, I have 2 of your smaller ones already and I love them. It gives me extra room to put corals in a part of the tank that usually would just be empty. I just posted pictures of my tank on a local forum and I've had multiple people asking about what the shelves were and stating that they liked the extra dimension it gave the tank.

Here's the FTS from yesterday. You can see the two shelves on either side of the back wall.

this is a great post. These shelves just make your tank bigger because they utilize space that normally you couldn't use. I have four of these but two in my tank. Makes my 60 cube hold much more. I have one of the large and one small on each side wall. Btw, you're as big a coral hoarder as I am. I bought the WWC chalice and jf zoos from you and you threw in the eme Chalice and the PC rainbow acro that wasn't coloring up as freebies. The big chalice in center is the eme and the PC rainbow is on left shelf
image.jpg

Last edited:

Is your current reef tank the BEST reef aquarium you've ever had?

• Yes

Votes: 381 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 125 22.8%
  • It's a tie

Votes: 19 3.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 24 4.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors