• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Large RBTA

Babayaga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a medium to XL RBTA, will buy or trade my Huge Green Carpet.

7970DEA8-016F-4301-BE38-F62F66B8A8DE.jpeg

SpudGunn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to sound like a dummy but i'm horrible with acronyms. What does RBTA stand for?

Spinal Compass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Describe XL because mine keep splitting and then they are half sized. I have 20 or more with the largest 4-5 inches in diameter the last time I checked; it might have split again last night LOL.

Spinal Compass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been thinking about this for a day. My advice is to donate the carpet anemone back to the store or gift it to a friend with the caution that it will likely consume most tank occupant with fins; it's a difficult anemone to keep. Above is a link that you may find of interest. Divers Den is always my go to whenever looking for marine life because what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG); you would likely receive a generic free clownfish.

Finally a few words of caution, you cannot add another clownfish to your existing clownfish because although you can have more than one, they ABSOLUTELY must be added together. You can remove a clownfish and then add it back with another of the same or different species a week later but they are very territorial and they are members of the devil fish family and live up to that reputation. Clownfish when they host with an anemone become very protective of their host and will bite you and sometimes draw blood. Maroon clowns are the most aggressive in my experience but they host very well with multiple anemones at the same time. Your tank is small and a good home for a single maroon clown with a variety of anemones like the three in the link that I provided. I don't know if they will but you can ask Divers Den if you can substitute a maroon clownfish when you place the order through Liveaquaria.com. Also, I see that you are trying to incorporate coral but anemones move around and can kill corals. I have anemones in some of my tanks and corals in others but never in the same tank. I know lots of people that do house both together but I have 6 tanks and have that luxury. Clownfish also host with other corals and so you don't have to have an anemone.

Attachments

• 2017-05-07 14.04.37.jpg
    2017-05-07 14.04.37.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0128.mp4
    791.3 KB
OP
OP
Babayaga

Babayaga

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've been thinking about this for a day. My advice is to donate the carpet anemone back to the store or gift it to a friend with the caution that it will likely consume most tank occupant with fins; it's a difficult anemone to keep. Above is a link that you may find of interest. Divers Den is always my go to whenever looking for marine life because what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG); you would likely receive a generic free clownfish.

Finally a few words of caution, you cannot add another clownfish to your existing clownfish because although you can have more than one, they ABSOLUTELY must be added together. You can remove a clownfish and then add it back with another of the same or different species a week later but they are very territorial and they are members of the devil fish family and live up to that reputation. Clownfish when they host with an anemone become very protective of their host and will bite you and sometimes draw blood. Maroon clowns are the most aggressive in my experience but they host very well with multiple anemones at the same time. Your tank is small and a good home for a single maroon clown with a variety of anemones like the three in the link that I provided. I don't know if they will but you can ask Divers Den if you can substitute a maroon clownfish when you place the order through Liveaquaria.com. Also, I see that you are trying to incorporate coral but anemones move around and can kill corals. I have anemones in some of my tanks and corals in others but never in the same tank. I know lots of people that do house both together but I have 6 tanks and have that luxury. Clownfish also host with other corals and so you don't have to have an anemone. What are you talking about???? I never said I was adding anymore clownfish. Also I’m aware that clowns don’t need an anemone this isn’t my first rodeo. And as far as donating the nem, I have other tanks to put it in I’m just looking for a rbta

Spinal Compass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd give you one of mine if you were local; I've received a lot of stuff for free including advice sometimes. If the advice was poor advice then I apologize. I just ran across the anemone package and thought that if was a nice selection. I didn't intend to offend you. I was just thrown by the very white live rock in your picture. I've taken note and Babayaga won't be hearing from me again. Happy reefing.

Back