Large Spectrum Adjustment AI Prime

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a 40 Breeder with 2 AI Primes set to David Saxby's schedule. I have been wanting to adjust my lighting to fit the BRS AB+ because they have collected par reading maps at these settings and I think I may be struggling with lighting. Below are the two schedules and I am trying to figure out the best way to go about this. Just acclimation mode? Small adustments?

Saxby's
Saxby.JPG

AB+
AB+.png

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

I can't compare the two. I'd just make the change over a couple of weeks to be safe.
good luck

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just slowly adjust each level each week or something. Monitor corals.

Also, that BRS video is for the older model of Primes. Just checking to make sure you don't have the newer 16HDs, since those have different levels and their own video.

bmbpka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crank it up to what you want it and set acclimation mode for a few weeks.

Going from saxby to BRS AB+ isn’t that big of a difference in PAR that it should shock your corals. I just did it on my 75 gallon with 4 primes and t5 supplement. I think I saw an increase of about 50-75par.

OP
OP
NeonRabbit221B

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for confirmation I wasn't going to destroy my tank. I ended up doing exactly as bmbpka suggested and already the corals look better visually and healthwise. I am starting to wonder if I was just blasting them with light but had nothing to reference PAR wise. Ended up moving some around a little based on BRS data. Thansk!

Back