Last fish stock for 75 gallon

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m no stranger to stocking aquariums but this one I’m just out of ideas. As of right now I have,
X2 clowns
X1 watchman goby
X1 lawnmower blenny
X1 coral beauty
X1snowflake eel
I’m looking for more so my question is how much more and what?
im looking for something big and grand that will swim in the open water and that has a awesome personality!!
keep in mind I do have lots of coral and inverts that I would like no harm to come to (I know I have an eel that eats them but I’m ok with one predator lol) I really don’t want to spend over 150 on a fish but that price isn’t sound. Good luck and I hope you guys have great ideas!!!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowflake eel » Watchman goby, so pick one. I think you'll have to decide on the eel or relegate yourself to larger fish. As someone pointed out to me, if it can fit in the eel's mouth - there's a good chance that's where it'll end up...

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowflake eel » Watchman goby, so pick one. I think you'll have to decide on the eel or relegate yourself to larger fish. As someone pointed out to me, if it can fit in the eel's mouth - there's a good chance that's where it'll end up...
i think he already has both

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why we would mix a predator eel in with a community fish tank and not expect some aqua casualties.

OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why we would mix a predator eel in with a community fish tank and not expect some aqua casualties.
Ya I already have both had them together for a year in another tank and they don’t bother each other. I’ve always kept an eye on them plus I feed the eel constantly so he’s got no reason to go after the goby. Or to mention the goby is really to big to fit in his mouth.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I already have both had them together for a year in another tank and they don’t bother each other. I’ve always kept an eye on them plus I feed the eel constantly so he’s got no reason to go after the goby. Or to mention the goby is really to big to fit in his mouth.
I think eels are super cool but in my opinion only a matter of time before he decides to have a midnight snack.

OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think eels are super cool but in my opinion only a matter of time before he decides to have a midnight snack.
That is true and like I said he’s well feed , but in case that does happen it happens I’m not to worried about it as they have been together for a year and no issues. The eel is on one side and the goby is on the other.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5D2E2F9F-69BB-4023-8C7A-CC60820219ED.jpeg

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma

Talbots Damsel

Magenta Dottyback

I have A Talbots Damsel and a Magenta Dotrtyback in my 55g mixed tank with no issues. The Royal Gramma I have in a smaller tank with a pair of Yellow tail blue damsels, again no issues. All of these fish are beautiful and active. You really cant go wrong with any of them although personally I would say get a RG.

OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma

Talbots Damsel

Magenta Dottyback

I have A Talbots Damsel and a Magenta Dotrtyback in my 55g mixed tank with no issues. The Royal Gramma I have in a smaller tank with a pair of Yellow tail blue damsels, again no issues. All of these fish are beautiful and active. You really cant go wrong with any of them although personally I would say get a RG.
To be honest I’m not a big fan of damsels. I like the RG and the dottyback, do I need more than one of each or are they singlely kept?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back