Last try. Goniopora other then red

Christa50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen this frag by an lfs a view weeks ago. That store isn't what you call high tech. The frags are cheap. This piece was under led tubes. Pretty strong ones to. So I did buy it and placed it in a somewhat shaded place. The light it gets is about 80 PAR. No problem with my red goni. So I'll try one more time. Maybe it's in the color/species

IMG_20200125_161730.jpg IMG_20200125_160504.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy tonight

They are one of my favorite along with bubble coral. I was not sure if you still have the red or not. They usually like stronger light like at the LFS. Flow needs to be moderate to strong, weak flow will not get it what it needs. They are cool, the one thing I have found and a few other also is right around a year or year and a half they start to fade.

keep us updated

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bright pink goni is at around 150 par ish. Flow wise i keep about the same i keep my euphylia at. So little more than moderate. I broadcast feed coral gumbo cube with each fish feeding.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Different goniopora can have different requirements for flow, nutrient levels, lighting and food.
Some can adapt to different environments while others can not.

Something like goniopora stutchburyi is not to bad to keep while something like goniopora stokesi can be near impossible.

OP
OP
Christa50

Christa50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy tonight

They are one of my favorite along with bubble coral. I was not sure if you still have the red or not. They usually like stronger light like at the LFS. Flow needs to be moderate to strong, weak flow will not get it what it needs. They are cool, the one thing I have found and a few other also is right around a year or year and a half they start to fade.

keep us updated
Yes I do stil have the red one.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back