Late - Should I be really worried?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is my second Live Aquaria order. The first one was late an hour, I lost quite a few of my clean up crew from the heat. I did not bother to file a claim, I was too busy with work that week to have time to document it all. On this order, my second I actually ordered a pistol shrimp, goby and single coral. Delivery was supposed to be by 10:30am delivered by Fedex. Well it is 1pm CST and no show so far. I got a Fedex exception that they missed the window (duh). It is hot as hell outside today and I am thinking of those poor creatures basking in a hot Fedex truck. I really hate this, it is irresponsible for a live delivery to be late. I mean I am sure someone could had gotten that order here on time, especially with live animals. So what are my chances that this stuff lives? Also is there any way to express that I want UPS as a delivery method? My order from KP aquatics was here at 10:30am.

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar experience here. I was sent something without knowing it was evening coming and found the box sitting on my porch in the evening. Beautiful acro was just a skeleton, but the chromis was still alive! I’ve also had fedex pull up to my house then drive off saying they attempted to deliver, when they didn’t even get out of the truck. This was also with live coral.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO FedEx has gone downhill. They just don't maintain the same standards that they used to. They outsource delivery to some fairly sketchy vendors these days for the last mile. I get that it is a low margin high volume business, but they used to be so reliable I totally took delivery times for granted.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything ended up being fine, but they were three and a half hours late. Luckily it was packed well, plenty of ice packs so the box inside was still very cool to the touch.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Enough warnings that tell me No FedEx for a while ( I CAN IMAGINE HOW MANY PEOPLES' XMAS THEY WILL RUIN THIS YEAR WITH FAILURE TO DELIVER)

L.A. . . . . ARE DECENT WITH PACKING AND THE ICE PACKS ARE LIKELY EXPIRED BUT THE STYRO FOAM DOES HELP INSULATE THE CONTENTS.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this is the second time Fedex has dropped the ball in two weeks. No more. When the guy walked up to the door I was waiting. He kind of looked at the box that said "live fish", while I gave him a "go to hell" look.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Snoopdog Thank you for your recent order. We were happy to see your deliveries arrived at 1:50 yesterday and everything arrived in good condition! The carriers are working hard to get these orders to you as early as possible, however, there is not a guarantee with the 10:30 AM delivery. One option to explore, if interested, which many customers prefer is to have orders held at a local Fed Ex pick up location in their area. Also, we plan ahead and prepare for unexpected transit delays and pack each bag with 72 hours of oxygen, just in case! Thank you again for your loyalty to LiveAquaria. We look forward to working with you again soon! Have a great day.

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't bother filing a claim. This is what I got and they denied the claim.
20200909_140420.jpg

GainesvilleReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The contents of the bag are in the acclimation tub that I use. This smelly mess is what I was shipped. There are 15 dead snails in there.

@LiveAquaria said my claim was rejected because I did not lay it out on a white background. It was laid out on a white background. But that is just ridiculous anyway. Anyone can tell that they sent me a bag of dead stuff. They are just hoping that no one will push the issue.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 90 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back