WB 20g cube and now WB 65.4 Acro/Wrasse Wonderland!!

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy, welcome and thank you very much! @ccole

I really wanted to go with a T5 Led hybrid but I cant find a unit that is narrow enough for the IM 30L . It's barely 11" front to back and every hybrid fixture I've seen is much wider than that. I'd really love to find one though.

For the prime on this 20 cube I made up my own schedule loosely based on the BRS one. It runs from 8 - 8 with a 1 1/2 hour ramp up and down .
Here's the peak numbers which run from 10am to 2pm.
UV 107%
V 107%
RY 100%
B. 100%
G. 7%
DR 7%
ML 0%
CW 21%
I SEE IT IM SO BLIND I EVEN LIKED IT thank you it’s similar to what I run but I have more white ! Cool thank you you

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I SEE IT IM SO BLIND I EVEN LIKED IT thank you it’s similar to what I run but I have more white ! Cool thank you you
I ran really low white (10%or so) for the first few months so I didn’t inspire any nasty stuff to grow, but once the tank had settled I slowly moved it up over a few weeks. I think the corals need some white as well. Plan is to work up to 30% white on the Acro tank. Slowly. :)

Bates Fallbrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I considered running a refugium in the back middle chamber, even bought the Tunze eco chic fuge light but can to the conclusion that it would just be more trouble than its worth in such a small area. So if anyone is looking for a brand new never used fuge light ....lol
So are you selling the light? I need one

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is it lame to get all excited watching your Acros encrust? Ha!
In the last couple of weeks every morning I’m seeing approximately a mm of new encrusting growth on almost all of them.
maybe I spend too much time staring at the tank ;Facepalm
That’s awesome! I would get excited over that as well, lol.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the last couple of weeks every morning I’m seeing approximately a mm of new encrusting growth on almost all of them.
Its not lame or unusual haha. Just with my 2 sticks I'm in there obsessively everyday counting new polyps and getting amped up about new growth.
The excitement is real man

OP
OP
elorablue

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not lame or unusual haha. Just with my 2 sticks I'm in there obsessively everyday counting new polyps and getting amped up about new growth.
The excitement is real man
Lol thanks for the backup!!
It really is fascinating to track the progress. They settle in and settle in then one day the lightbulb goes on and they say “ya, I can live here! “ ha!!

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is also the biggest enabler of all time.. "I want this coral... Here I'll talk to my therapist a few times.."
/coral purchased.
Just like NF, I am my own therapist :p
R590f851208a336a1d4603fd3ef88399d.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol thanks for the backup!!
It really is fascinating to track the progress. They settle in and settle in then one day the lightbulb goes on and they say “ya, I can live here! “ ha!!
Hahaha I have to be totally real. Ive been looking at white tips on my slimer almost convinced that im burning them up or doing something wrong but did see nice polyp extension coming out of them yesterday so thinking maybe its ok lol.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Y

I didn’t say my choice of therapist was a good choice, just the one I’ve made. Lol
I'm not complaining. I ask my husband if I can buy something and he just shrugs at me..... He's not helpful. I could use a "don't you have enough already?" "NO" "stop buying things!"
Instead he is like "This spot over here is kind of empty." "This guy looks lonely" "what's wrong with the foxface? Why is he so depressed? Let's get another fish, that will make him feel better!" Which it does. The fox face loves other fish. I cant win!

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not lame I sit for 1 hour in front of the tank looking at everything !

Back