Latest thoughts on digitate hydroids?help

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have thousands on rocks on sand on snails everywhere. I have been reading a lot and can confirm they are DEFINITELY the digitate. Not the colony type. They don’t seem to bother anything except afraid keeping my pod population low but not sure. If they even eat them What is latest thoughts to get rid of them?. I am in a fallow period so been starving g tank but still there. Does anybody have success with peppermint shrimp or butterfly fish eating them. I feel I need to try something despite some people saying they will eventually go away.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fendebazole not them out for me a month ago but as of last night I have a few new ones in my tank. I may do a second a second treatment and hope that works.

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fendebazole not them out for me a month ago but as of last night I have a few new ones in my tank. I may do a second a second treatment and hope that works.
Chad do you know it is safe for RBTA while in tank? As I undertand may effect zoas GSP but I know i will never get my bubble tip anenomes out of tank to treat

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have anemones or gsp so I can't speak for them. I do have a few zoos and they did not bother them at all.

OP
OP
moz71

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I just read you reply on the fenbendezole post and you said they are coming back? That’s a bummer. I just don’t know now if I want to try

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back