OP
L

launchnukes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update. tank is cycling now and i spent some time last night building the red sea screen top. i've done quite a few DIY screen tops in the past and i've got to say that the quality of the red sea and finished product blow away the home depot diy screen top.

screen stuff
NoPsuZJ.jpg

starting the build...and the mess

y9STb06.jpg

RZ4Nqym.jpg

i wanted to create a space for the tunze cords to slip through so i had to buy a couple "zig zag" pieces (thought they came with the kit but i was wrong)
yX3SX6j.jpg

done and ready for screen. took way longer than expected
XyxaIKs.jpg

installed and i couldnt be happier with the finished product
8QSnio3.jpg

CODE3EMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To hell with the tank! Lets see the car!!!!! LOL. Very nice man, I love the white......... goes with your home from what I can see. Following for sure!! This is going to be goooooooooooooooood!!
Any reason for the APEX choice as opposed to the GHL Profilux?

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

launchnukes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay with the updates, had a lot going on with the tank that i wasn't excited to report.

After the cycle i had added a clean up crew and a few fish including a purple tang, yellow tang, blue hippo, royal gramma, a pair of frostbite clowns, and diamond goby. Everyone was doing great...until i added a Kole tang. within two days every fish was dead, i suspect it was velvet. I've heard stories of stuff like this happening but during my 10+ years of reefing i'd never seen anything like it.

so...i did what i should have done and set up a quarantine system in my home office. it consists of a 20 long and 10 gallon with hang on back filters. I will be quarantining all fish from now on out.

I have left the tank fishless for 6-8 weeks so the parasite can die off. needless to say, it has not been fun.

I currently have a Blonde Naso tang, Kole, Royal Gramma, and Diamond Goby in QT and will be adding them to the display this evening. Fingers crossed i did everything right this time and they live a long life in the tank.

if all goes well expect many more updates

KXjp4Qq.jpg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lost of some great fish. Tank looks great and like the choice of rock.
Love the white stand and wish I could have got white but mine is in a dark blue and black room.
Can’t wait for updates and will be following along.

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Any updates? I just placed an order for my own 750xxl. Any tips on the cabinet build or is pretty straight forward as far as the instructions go?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back