Lawnmower blenny in 15gal tank

Danvl1991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get somthing to keep control of my alge but it seems lawnmower blennys are a perfect candidate, i have only have 2 clowns and a royal gramma and some cuc at the moment but i was wondering if a lawnmower blenny would be ok in a 15gal tank or whether that would be too small for one?

DesertCitiesReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blenny should be ok, also you will enjoy the blenny‘s personality. I have one in my tank and and enjoy watching him and there are times he will perch on the wave maker or algae scrapper and watch me.

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it looks like it's already happened, but I'll opine anyway.

IMO, with that you'll max out your fish load for the 15 gallon. For reference, I had 2 ocellaris, 1 gramma, and an LMB in a 30x12x18 tank, and I think that's near the max limit.

All that said, it works out well. They each occupy different niches. However, I wouldn't bet on the LMB to make a big dent in any algae problem.

OP
OP
D

Danvl1991

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it looks like it's already happened, but I'll opine anyway.

IMO, with that you'll max out your fish load for the 15 gallon. For reference, I had 2 ocellaris, 1 gramma, and an LMB in a 30x12x18 tank, and I think that's near the max limit.

All that said, it works out well. They each occupy different niches. However, I wouldn't bet on the LMB to make a big dent in any algae problem.
Yeah i dont plan on any more, im not hoping for a miricle cure and fir him to devour all the alge overnight, i will still work to control the alge but hoping that once it calms down a bit he will keep what does appear under control

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back