Lawnmower blenny not eatting

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those will soften up and turn into little puffballs. If he's hungry, he will find them eventually.

OP
OP
Wick

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok perfect. On another note I do see him grazing on the glass, air tube and pvc so maybe he sees something I dont. I should put a light above it to help grow algae maybe?

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sits in the same area. But I drop pellets down and he will snatch em and I even believe mine will snatch left over mysis or krill when it falls in his territory. Hes been in my qt for 2 weeks. And still going. 2 more weeks my tank should.be cycled and he will have a ton of rock to graze on.

Galeno rocha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one that got gradually skinnier, less active and one day I found it dead stuck to a powerhead.

I tried garlic inffused nori and veggie wafers, but it only cared for film algae, constantly grazing on the glass, rock and equipment. Even the hair algae was ignored 99% of the time.

From my later search through the forums, it appears to be a hit or miss fish.
It either grows fat and happy eating pellets or it stays very selective and slowly wither away.

It is a shame, since it is an extremely personable fish.

I would advise against getting one if you don't have a large tabl with tons of rockwork and several kinds of algae.

OP
OP
Wick

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do in my dt but currently treating for ich. He does awesome in the dt and I do see him picking but "I" cant see anything in there. :/

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing you could try is mixing some of the products mentioned here, or just powdered nori, with Masstick, and spreading that as a thin layer on PVC pipe or a piece of glass.

OP
OP
Wick

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is my other day off and going to try to see how he does. :) all great ideas and wish he wasn't so picky!

OP
OP
Wick

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo what does everyone think about this... still hasn't eaten besides picking on the glass which doesn't look like it has much, but if the little guy makes it to 14 days, should I just try the ttm for him and take a piece of rock out of my dt? I have a 10 gallon tank also but would be more of a pain because idk if that rock will have any bs on it because I would be pulling it from my dt? Thoughts?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back