Lawnmower blenny - supplemental food?

johnnyphish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my lawnmower blenny is looking rather gaunt. He's not interested in prime reef flakes, formula one pellets, or mysis shrimp. I floated a little bit of nori in the tank just recently and he doesn't appear interested (yet). Any good suggestions for him? Thanks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nori seaweed sheets tied down to a rock, or sinking algae wafers

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine pecks at nori and pellets soaked in phyto, reefroids, and benepets. I normally leave the clip right outside his little cave for quick access feeding.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine loves both red and green nori. Also, if you can get some algae covered rocks that is good for them. They waste away if they do not adapt to captive food. They pick all day long and need a fully mature reef generally. so, put the nori and pellets in rocks(on rocks) around the tank.
I hope yours adapts soon. Good luck!!!

Twitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nori sheets are a great way to go, rubber band one to a rock in the beginning to make it a little more natural.
I now have to find a way to get mine to eat less nori, he gorges himself on the clip when I feed my tangs... He now spends his days sitting on the frag rack with his fat belly just waiting for the next feeding. Laziest fish I have ever owned.

Back