Laws

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just after some information on laws in the state. We are staying on Hilton head for a few days and just wandered out to the beach at low tide. Tons of snails, crabs, and still more exploring to do. Wondering if I can pick anything for the tank?

Also, any good stores in the area?

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many states have laws against collecting animals from public beaches. Unfortunately, most of these laws are difficult to find, and as with most laws these days, even more difficult to understand.

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many states have laws against collecting animals from public beaches. Unfortunately, most of these laws are difficult to find, and as with most laws these days, even more difficult to understand.
Yeah, since when did we hit the point that laws are so complicated that no one understands them, but are still held to them? Even worse or contracts. I tried to get clarification on Microsoft new contract and they referred me to their lawyer who never contacted me back. After 10 days I just went ahead and click accept even though I didn't fully understand it.

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Not saying I’m taking the whole beach home, but some stuff that will make the trip would be cool

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stop doing what you're doing if you see a DNR vehicle, they will stop you and punish you if you are breaking a law. They're based more in the countryside however.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look into the states fishing regulations there will be a section on collecting ornamental species this will include snails crabs etc. Probably need a fishing licence to be all legal.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back